Question Reg service in SF Bay Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if there is nothing actually wrong with your regs, right before a trip is the last time I'd be looking to get a service. This is especially true if you won't be able to get them in the water locally before leaving. If you're doing a reg service class soon, and they're functioning normally, I'd dive them as-is, and service them myself during/after the course.

After sending many sets of regulators all over the country for service, I have found that @rsingler at Napa Scuba LLC, is by far the best and the only person that I will let service my regulators. His attention to detail is amazing!

other than the local dive shops, the commercial outfit in sand city also does servicing

These guys or anything affiliated with them will never get another dollar from me.

I had regs serviced by them just before a cave trip. Unbeknownst to me until I get back, both regs were suffering from IP creep. We opened them up to find that most of the service parts had not been changed and they had not even cleaned the parts. Doing a half-assed job and lying about it on life support equipment is borderline criminal and certainly unethical.

I tell the story cause I’m still pissed about it. Dont just take your regs to whoever will do them , take them to someone you trust. Frank (mentioned above) at AWS is on my short list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom