Reg. Stow or carry on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Billg68bg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’m leaving for Curacao Saturday. I’m bringing my reg setup with me. Am I better off putting it in my carryon or stowing it with my fins, etc.? I have a soft case that I store it in. That will fit in either.

Take hoses off and keep everything stored neatly in your carry on. They take up a lot less room without the hoses on.

Thanks didn’t think about removing hoses. Looking at the storage case, I see what you mean.

I do both since I have to many regulators, main in carry on and spare in checked, hoses off as already suggested is the easiest way to pack, I put each part in a baggie to keep them clean.

Carry it on with at least your mask. Make sure you put plugs in the first stage and cap the ends of the hoses if you take it apart for travel.

Reactions: L13
I assume, stow the wrench to avoid carryon check headaches?

I usually carry them on if my checked bag is approaching max weight.

I assume, stow the wrench to avoid carryon check headaches?
I have a small, 4” oal crescent that has a 6” size head on it, it will make it through the TSA inspection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom