Reg. Stow or carry on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the whole stow/carry on debate hinges on the lost/delayed bag scenario and what your plan B looks like. This obviously gets a bit more complicated if you have a series of flights to far away places. Given what many of us experienced last winter with flight delays/cancellations and missing bags, I remain firm in belief that I will continue to carry regs, mask, computer in carry on.
Good policy in general. On a packed nonstop recently, I checked my Stahlsac rollaboard containing my primary reg in both directions. Rare exception. It’s harder (though not impossible) for airlines to lose luggage on a nonstop flight. And it was Southwest, no extra charge for checked bags.

Re: tools, check them. Especially leaving Cozumel, where they will confiscate them all.

Lol @OTF … hey, in that scenario you do what you have to do. I don’t even take a camera anymore. 😊
Yeah I'm a heavy packer. It's always impressive to see some of the REALLY seasoned divers show up for a week-long trip with little more than 2 sets clothes and a few toiletries in a fanny pack, knowing exactly what they don't need.

Yeah I'm a heavy packer. It's always impressive to see some of the REALLY seasoned divers show up for a week-long trip with little more than 2 sets clothes and a few toiletries in a fanny pack, knowing exactly what they don't need.

Aside from dive gear I’m quite a minimal packer. The amount of gear I have to haul (for cave diving in MX) is crazy.

Aside from dive gear I’m quite a minimal packer. The amount of gear I have to haul (for cave diving in MX) is crazy.
Travel diving is more or less clothing optional. Priorities.

No issues on the JetBlue flight to Curacao through JFK. Didn’t even have a problem with my adjustable wrench. 👍

Back
Top Bottom