Reg. Stow or carry on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the first I've heard of disassembling regs for easier storage during travel, but hey learn something new every day. For those that disassemble, do you only remove the 1st stage, or your regs/SPGs also?

This is the first I've heard of disassembling regs for easier storage during travel, but hey learn something new every day. For those that disassemble, do you only remove the 1st stage, or your regs/SPGs also?
I remove hoses from the 1st and 2nd. AI transmitter goes in its case and everything gets packed in a soft shirt or whatnot.

Lol…I couldn’t begin to dive travel with just a carryon unless I was renting gear at my destination and through experience, I’ve learned to dive travel pretty light. Honestly, I wish airlines would allow free checked bags and charge for carryons (other than a personal item). People would be where people belong and luggage would be where luggage belongs. You could still pay if you really need a carryon and/or desire the right to block the isles, step on feet & bang shoulders all while delaying boarding/deplaning. If you have dive packing down to where you don’t do the afore mentioned, then more power to you. I do sometimes chuckle at what some folks try to cram in the overhead. 😊 All IMHO.

Lol…I couldn’t begin to dive travel with just a carryon unless I was renting gear at my destination and through experience, I’ve learned to dive travel pretty light. Honestly, I wish airlines would allow free checked bags and charge for carryons (other than a personal item). People would be where people belong and luggage would be where luggage belongs. You could still pay if you really need a carryon and/or desire the right to block the isles, step on feet & bang shoulders all while delaying boarding/deplaning. If you have dive packing down to where you don’t do the afore mentioned, then more power to you. I do sometimes chuckle at what some folks try to cram in the overhead. 😊 All IMHO.
I can fit everything but tanks and weights for a week in Cozumel (including backup regs, etc)in a carry-on and a personal item. Though often I check the carry-on on the way home to eliminate the risk of losing tools at the Cozumel TSA, if I have a free checked bag.

I can fit everything but tanks and weights for a week in Cozumel (including backup regs, etc)in a carry-on and a personal item. Though often I check the carry-on on the way home to eliminate the risk of losing tools at the Cozumel TSA, if I have a free checked bag.
I did the same to Maui last year. But boy, that cabin luggage gets hefty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom