reg warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

salt h20

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
im just curious does a lds that sells a particular product line required to service that line . for instance if i were to buy say a zeagle reg from from an authorized online store and then want my annual done by my lds that carries that line. doesnt the manufacturer dictate the sevicing of their regs by lds that sells that line? and adhere to the free parts program and warranty ?

Try posting that question in the Manufacturer's forum with Zeagle. That's a great question.

I don't believe they are required to do anything. They are not franchises, but independent retailers that happen to carry specific brands of merchandise. I have never heard of any dealer agreements that require the LDS to provide specific service to every customer. Most manufacturers have service centers where you can send your gear for service if an LDS can't or won't provide it.

They are "supposed" to, but they are not required to. Basically a store can refuse service, warranty or otherwise, to anyone for any reason and that's America! :D
FYI - some dealer agreements specifically state it's a requirement but I have never heard of it being enforced.

Having dealt with this issue on both sides with many of my customers let me throw this in: Servicing equipment is taking care of a customer and satisfied customers are more likely to be repeat customers. I don't quite understand the aversion...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom