Regulator Service $120

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie:
No, Sport Chalet doesn't keep record of customer purchases. If you paid by credit card, call the credit card company and ask if you can have a copy of that transaction. Don't know if that is something that they keep, but is sure is worth trying to check it out.

(I personally don't get it why receipts must be kept. They are usually printed on the type of paper that turns black if exposed to heat or the printing fades right off it in a couple of years. Guess that is a whole 'nother whine and cheese post.)

HHAHAHAH. That last comment is so true!!!

I just took my APEKS in, and the F is going to charge me $130.00???

ShakaZulu:

Since I'm looking for a few regs for my next rig...

How much time (actual) does it take to service the reg?

How much do the replacement parts cost?

ShakaZulu:

Did you miss your anual service? I was charged 120 because I had missed my anual service, so the parts are no longer under Warrantee.

tau:
...I have not service my reg in over 2 years, because I haven't been diving on it all that much...
Others have addressed the servicing cost.

I will address the more serious issue as quoted above. Regulator service is required at 1 year or 100 dives which ever comes first. This is life support equipment and servicing is cheap insurance or assurance which ever you preferred.

You should get the regulator serviced annually at a minimum if you are not doing 100 dives a year (we both need to work on doing 100+ dives a year). :wink:

Why?
Service at 100 dives: replace parts worn from use such as O rings and other seals and to check for moisture damage (rust).

Service after 1 year (less than 100 dives): Required to inspect for moisture damage (rust) and to replace parts damaged by the ravages of time such as “O” rings and other seals. It just takes one drop of water in the first stage sitting for a while to form rust. Now one or two years probably will not kill the “O” rings, but that drop of moisture might kill the 1st stage with rust, and it might just kill you too.

Examle: Dive Magazine story from November 2002 under "Lessons For Life" about divers who made mistakes and are no longer with us. Short version: Regulator serviced, only a couple of dives after that, closet 2 years, dive, rust in 1st stage, 1st stage failure at 100 feet, one dead diver. :11: See http://www.scubadiving.com/training/lessons_for_life/the_danger_of_unserviced_gear/ for the full story.

Last but not least, service annually is required to maintain your warranty.

Solution, Tau, you need to dive more.:D

Go to pacific wilderness in orange or san pedro. It's only $15 for a 1st and 2nd stage service and $30 for a complete overhaul. Free parts for scubapro/apeks/aqualung. 48 hour turnaround. Sounds like a deal to me.

Wow, it is a really great price.

http://www.pacificwilderness.com/

bober99:
Go to pacific wilderness in orange or san pedro. It's only $15 for a 1st and 2nd stage service and $30 for a complete overhaul. Free parts for scubapro/apeks/aqualung. 48 hour turnaround. Sounds like a deal to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom