Regulators for Tech Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Tek3s route nicely on twins but are crap if you want to use one on a single tank, and are much more expensive than the DS4.

How much would Tek 3 cost roughly in UK ? I think here you can get a set for around 600 pounds per set if I convert from CAD

Yep, you're on the money - both the apex and the scubapro will be fine. Personally I'd go Mk17 S600 or the XTX200 (rather than the tek regs). Hope this helps.

How much would Tek 3 cost roughly in UK ? I think here you can get a set for around 600 pounds per set if I convert from CAD

A pair of Tek3 first stages are about £450, DS4s are about £130 each. A complete set of Tek3/XTX50/XTX40 with 7ft hose and a gauge is over £800, a pair of DS4s XTX50/XTX40 with 7ft hose and gauges are £460 (these are typical online prices, recommended retail prices are quite a bit more)

I have been cave diving with Aqualung regs for 6 years and they are still the best regs I have ever used. They breathe almost as good at 200' as they do on the surface.

Take them to a different shop for service and you'll never look back!

I've been looking for regs for years for my doubles. Apeks, Scuba Pro, Dive Rite, Oceanic, I've tried a few.

Most regs are very good these days, so decisions should mostly come down to personal preference, ease of servicing, house routing, and price.

I've finally decided on Atomic M1s and just waiting for them to arrive. I'll be running Dive Rite RG3000s on my deco and travel gas.

I've been diving SP MK25T s600 for a few years as a sportdiving set up. I absolutely love them.
I recently got into tech diving. Based on my instructors knowledge and what I have absorbed on this forum as well as getting a screaming deal from a friend, I chose to try out a set of the apeks tec3. I am anxiously awaiting them to come in.

Hopefully next week I will be able to compare them to my Mk25's.

Great thread and great information shared. Thanks everyone.

Cheeers, Walt

I've been diving SP MK25T s600 for a few years as a sportdiving set up. I absolutely love them.
I recently got into tech diving. Based on my instructors knowledge and what I have absorbed on this forum as well as getting a screaming deal from a friend, I chose to try out a set of the apeks tec3. I am anxiously awaiting them to come in.

Hopefully next week I will be able to compare them to my Mk25's.

Great thread and great information shared. Thanks everyone.

Cheeers, Walt

You'll be very happy with the Tek3s. They were on my short list when they came out a few years ago. If you're buying them new, make sure you get them from an authorized dealer and register them. Aqualung/Apeks North America have a free parts program, but you really have to play by the rules.

Appreciate the response. Yes I am getting them new from an authorized dealer. I will try to jump through their hoops as scheduled. It was a tough decision between going with additional mk25's, atomics, or apeks. It basically came down to being able to land the apeks very close to cost. They sure seem to have a very good reputation among tech divers on this forum.

Cheers, Walt

Apeks would be sutable for super cold water if you ever decide to do it up north :)

MK25 with G250V is very popular here in the water is in the 40 degrees range. Although S600 does not work in cold water, just today my friends s600 that he uses on his stage started bubbling in 36F

Im spoiled living on the south end of florida's cave country and a short drive from the gulf. The wrecks of the east coast are only a few hours away. Got my fill of cold water diving in Colorado.

Got to hand it to you Northern divers, your a tough set of nuts.

Cheers, Walt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom