Removing the wrist strap on the DG03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tessunderwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased the DG03 and was wondering how do I remove the wrist strap so I can bungee mount the computer. Thanks!

It works the same way as a ordinary wrist watch. There are pins with spring loads in them, you need to have a thin tool, like a small screwdriver, slip it in near where it connects, then push the pin over, place some tension on the strap so one end pops free, the other side is easy, just a tug and it should come free. Same on the other side.

Last edited:
If you use a wireless transmitter, please note there is a recall for the computer showing wrong psi values. I just got an email from my shop today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It works the same way as a ordinary wrist watch. There are pins with spring loads in them, you need to have a thin tool, like a small screwdriver, slip it in near where it connects, then push the pin over, place some tension on the strap so one end pops free, the other side is easy, just a tug and it should come free. Same on the other side.

Unless I've misunderstood the OP that will only disassemble the straps, to put in in a DSS bungee mount the capsule needs to be pushed out of the rubber casing.

Last edited:
I just move mine to a dds bungee just soak in warm water for a few minutes then i used a butter knife to help pop it out

If you use a wireless transmitter, please note there is a recall for the computer showing wrong psi values. I just got an email from my shop today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I do not have the wireless transmitter, I also got that e-mail. I got to test the dg03 on a couple of no deco dives Thursday, so far I'm pleased. I will try the warm water trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added May 11th, 2013 at 10:06 AM ----------

Got it! Thank you for all the help.

Just tried the hot water trick also and worked like a charm.

Also, I just had to send one of my DG03's back to Hollis yesterday because of a depth gauge issue. Other then that, I love this computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom