Renting a Car in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We took mainly $20's, but we were tipping for 2 - the shark dive I tipped a $10 for the 2 of us, and still wasn't happy I gave that much, but it was the smallest I had. Loved the dive, not the dive service provider.

Don't forget to squirrel away some real American US$ for departure taxes - I didn't ask on Roatan, but no place else we've visited and asked would ever accept them for departure taxes - so I quit asking.

WarmWaterDiver:
Don't forget to squirrel away some real American US$ for departure taxes - I didn't ask on Roatan, but no place else we've visited and asked would ever accept them for departure taxes - so I quit asking.

They will take them, at least the last go round.

Who can tell, today? (just joking!)

RoatanMan:
They will take them, at least the last go round.

Who can tell, today? (just joking!)

La Florido (Copan Ruinas) has the fees posted in US dollars also.

H2Andy:
B]is it a good idea to rent a car in Roatan?[/B]

If you rent one, be sure it has a Couple of spare tires!! Their roads are terrible. Ken :42:

Been there done that. It is OK to rent a car in Roatan. Like yourself, I like the freedom to explore the island. Rent the car for couple days and drove all over the place. Up to the hill to have lunch at a restaurant in the forest... it's loads of fun. I have rented cars all over different parts of the world.... While some places were more challenging to drive...... It's not as bad as most people described. One can also get into accident and get killed here in US, no different than in Roatan. Yes, even in US, Kids, jaywalker can suddenly appear in front of your car too. Be adventurous, Drive safe and have loads of fun.

WarmWaterDiver:
We took mainly $20's, but we were tipping for 2 - the shark dive I tipped a $10 for the 2 of us, and still wasn't happy I gave that much, but it was the smallest I had. Loved the dive, not the dive service provider.

Don't forget to squirrel away some real American US$ for departure taxes - I didn't ask on Roatan, but no place else we've visited and asked would ever accept Traveler's Checks for departure taxes - so I quit asking.

I noted a critical omission and substitution by my use of the ubiquitous 'them' in my previous post - clarification above.

WWD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom