Repetitive Dive times for shallow waters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Above 20 ft your nitrogen loading can never exceed the maximum loading of any compartment, no matter how long you stay u/w....

Excellent advice all :blinking:
I had not even concidered the possible effects over the long term in regards to years. So thanks to HOA and Robbcaymen. BTW, Rob, you posted
robbcayman:
Anytime you dive under 3 feet of water you are diving under multi atomposheric ladel, which has been known over time to hinder and cause nercolobsilis.
What is that? I googled it and nothing came up. I presume it is a mispelling, but wasn't bright enough to figure out what it was supposed to be

Anyway, thanks again all maybe I have found a way for diving to put a little something back into my pocket :D

Just a guess, but might that simply be rob being a troll, as is his declared personal preference?

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but seems to me that if you're off-gassing on a 15' safety stop, how could you possibly saturate at a shallower depth for *any* length of time?

You've got a better chance of being water logged than nitrogen build up under that profile.

BKP:
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but seems to me that if you're off-gassing on a 15' safety stop, how could you possibly saturate at a shallower depth for *any* length of time?

You're off-gassing at 15 because you've been deeper.

Thalassamania:
If you are shallower than about 22 feet you can be fully saturated and still come to the surface safely.

Presuming you aren't diving at altitude, then your window gets messed up. :)

Thalassamania:
If you are shallower than about 22 feet you can be fully saturated and still come to the surface safely.

What he said. Not that I know anything more about this then anybody else but thats how I've understood it to work.

Steve50:
You're off-gassing at 15 because you've been deeper.
To be more precise, you will be offgassing in the fast, medium and some of the slower compartments, but will most likely still be ongassing in the very slowest compartments.

The very slow compartments with several hour halftimes aren't the limiting factor in typcal dive profiles, so it doesn't matter.

The reason I bring this point up is that it is the same thing that is going on during deep stops. At a deep stop, you will be offgassing the fast compartments, but still ongassing in the medium speed compartments. Since at that point in the dive, the fast compartments are the ones nearest the limit, deep stops are good for your decompression, even though you simultaneously offgassing and ongassing at the same time.

Charlie Allen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom