Replacing the Halcyon Stainless Steel Inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I want to replace my Halcyon stainless steel BC inflater with something more reliable. I've heard the Scubapro power inflater works well, but I can't find any links online to purchase.

Does anyone have any good suggestions? If you do, please provide links to online shops so I can buy the part.

Rather then deal with the LDS, I should just be able to install this with a few zip ties.

Check this one out:
Wings-Accessories
Called "Power Inflator K-Type" (have to scroll down on the page)
These come on the Oxycheq, Halcyon, (and from what I can tell) the DSS wings as well. They are good, reliable, and easy to service.

Have you had problems with the SS inflator?

Check this one out:
Wings-Accessories
Called "Power Inflator K-Type" (have to scroll down on the page)
These come on the Oxycheq, Halcyon, (and from what I can tell) the DSS wings as well. They are good, reliable, and easy to service.

Have you had problems with the SS inflator?

I haven't dove with this wing just yet. I'm trying to avoid problems as I've heard the SS inflater has a high failure rate.

After I remove the SS, can I simply zip tie the new inflater on? Should I be using any adhesive to attach the corrugated hose to the new plastic inflater?

Are there any pictures or documents on inflater replacement? It looks like Halcyons website only has instructions for the SS inflater which has a screw on retention band.

I'm trying to avoid problems as I've heard the SS inflater has a high failure rate.

I still have an SS inflator on my Eclipse 30. I do hear frequent tales of problems but mine has been flawless after three years. I do like the slow inflation you get with the SS but do not like the hard plastic mouthpiece.

The "K-type" inflator recommended above is a good replacement (if you want silver buttons, get the Dive Rite version).

Tobin/Deep Sea Supply also makes a service tool for it.

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=1302

After I remove the SS, can I simply zip tie the new inflater on?

Yes, two zip ties should do it. Or you can reuse the Halcyon retention band.

Should I be using any adhesive to attach the corrugated hose to the new plastic inflater?

I haven't found it to be necessary - anyway, you don't want the attachment to be permanent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom