Rescue Class Q & A - Avg Cost; Avg Format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Recently got Padi Rescue certified.

Up here in Montreal Canada, course's price was 299,00$CDN. Tank fill not included.

We did 3 classes to cover the 5 chapters. 12 scenarios in open water ( not pool ) in Brockville, Ontario over a weekend.

Everybody was telling me that this course would be challenging and rewarding ... this is an understatement !!!!

-Be ready to work as a team !!!

-Never let your guard down and be on your toes at all time !!!

-You will learn the real meaning of " When things go wrong underwater, they go wrong really fast "

This course was so demanding, I guess from now on things will be smooth sailing...

I highly recommend this course. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I did

$145 for SSI Stress & Rescue, not including CPR cost in St. Petersburg last year. Dives were free (LDS pool & Lake Denton)

I charge $250 for the course. That includes books and certification fees. It does not cover the EFR course. Some LDS's do not include the books, etc. The rescue course is a fun course to teach. The scenarios allow for some instructor discretion to add new ideas to doing a rescue. I also focus on teamwork as well.

Thanks everyone for the replies. It sounds like the price I'm paying is just a bit on the high side, but reasonable.
I also appreciate the feedback on what your class covered. My son-in-law did the class in a different city and it sounded quite lacking in the OW scenarios. I'm going to discuss class/OW content with the instructor before I get out my checkbook. I don't want a class that "just get's by". I want to be pushed.
Thanks again,

I realize that market forces will have a big influence on pricing but I wanting to get some feedback on what the going rate is in your area for a rescue class.
My class was $450, which included the following:

-Rescue Diver book + cert card
-Rescue Diver DVD loan
-EFR book + cert card
-air tanks for pool sessions and open water scenarios

Not included:
Gas to dive location ($25 RT)
Toll to dive location ($12)
Parking at dive location ($10)
Total not included: $47

I own all of my own gear - but I believe a complete set of rental gear for the class (including drysuit) was $100 or $125. Also, DAN O2 cert was offered for an additional $200 (I declined).

Format of class:
Session 1: Chapter 1 and pool session (630-1030pm)
Session 2: EFR class. 930am - 500pm
Session 3: Chapter 2,3 and pool session (630-1030pm)
Session 4: Chapter 4 and pool session (630-1030)
Session 5: Chapter 5, written exam, and pool session in drysuit (630-1100)
Session 6: Open water scenarios in drysuit (830am-330pm @ dive location)

Hope this helps!
nd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom