Restaurants serving lionfish in the Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaeger45

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm traveling down to the keys in a week, staying in Key Largo. Any restaurants in the area serving lionfish?

I DID try the search function, but wasn't brave enough to plow through the 1001 page thread on lionfish. Heidi seems like a popular girl, though....:cool2:

I'm traveling down to the keys in a week, staying in Key Largo. Any restaurants in the area serving lionfish?

I DID try the search function, but wasn't brave enough to plow through the 1001 page thread on lionfish. Heidi seems like a popular girl, though....:cool2:

:rofl3:

Seriously, I would be surprised if a Key's reasturant would serving Lionfish just yet as I would find it hard to beleive they are catching that many of them at this point in time. I will however reseach your question since you took the time to scroll through the world famous Lionfish Reciepe thread for which I am a frequent participant.

P.S. There is also a young lass named Inga that is currently giving Heidi stiff competition for air time. :) Also, due to the thread's huge popularity a new thread had to be started before forum's servers would have surly crashed...Here is the link...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...1-lionfish-recipes-eradication-part-deux.html

Inga??

New talent?

A friend or something more sinister...??

But seriously Jaeger;
If you hit Marathon, make sure you stop off at Herbies for lunch.
"Gulf Side".
Excellent Cracked Conch and Grouper sandwiches.
Great sweet tea, and service with a snarl!
Chug

There was a lionfish round up and cookout in the Bahamas a while back to draw attention to the invasive problem.

I don't know that anywhere else has done something similar, but I'd venture to say it's not a regular menu item anywhere in the Keys yet.

The lionfish thread is just a way to keep attention on the problem, Bahama style. :)

Ahhhh..... [lightbulb clicking on]

Thanks, all. Glad to hear that the problem is not yet so bad that we have an established lionfish fishery. My epicurean tendencies had been piqued.

Any other personal restaurant favorites in the upper keys?

I eat out a lot here and have never seen lionfish on the menu. I have only seen one lionfish so far here in the Keys.

Ahhhh..... [lightbulb clicking on]

Thanks, all. Glad to hear that the problem is not yet so bad that we have an established lionfish fishery. My epicurean tendencies had been piqued.

Any other personal restaurant favorites in the upper keys?

Sorry to be off topic. I see your from Peoria. I just recently moved to Florida from Pekin.

On Wednesday night, Senor Frijoles (mm 103.9) has all you can eat tacos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom