Returning to Cozumel in June- Need advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carolina Diver:
We are going down in May and staying at the Cozumel Palace. Any reason not to dive with Aqua Safari? Haven't seen it mentioned, but they are on-site at the hotel and seem to have the same price range as anyone else and have a choice of small or large boat.

I would really like to know what you think of Cozumel Palace. I saw them putting the finishing touches on it in March and it looks like a very nice place, and conveniently located, too.

Chris
Linville, NC

No problem. I will post a trip report with pics. I got some pics from someone who stayed next door in March and it looks great. She said she is staying there next trip. With the pier right there and shore diving as well, it should work out great. Just not sure about Aqua Safari yet. They don't seem to have a discount for multiple dives and other operators advertise free tanks for shore dives. They don't. Time will tell.

scubawife:
I used to live on the Upper West Side, now we're in the southern part of Rockland County (just over the GW Bridge and over the NJ/NY line on the NY side). I work in lower Manhattan.
Rockland County AKA: North New Jersey. :D I'm on the other side of the TZ.

We're going down in June, and will be staying at the Casa Mexicana, and diving with Blue XT~Sea. We were going to stay at the Palace, but decided to "dive in" to the Cozumel experience (especially all of the great restaurants). However, the 2 person jacuzzi in the room at the Palace would make a great soak tub for our equipment!

There's a newer operation in Coz called Deep Exposure. Big boat, giant stride entry, and they cook lunch on board during the SI. Also have 120's available, if you need them. They only make one trip a day, and do everything in their power to achieve a 60+ minute dive profile (within table/computer limitations). We spent a good deal of time talking to him at the Beneath the Sea show in March. We opted to dive with Christi, mainly due to her glowing reputation here on SB.

So many choices, so little time......................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom