Review: DRIS 28lb BP/W System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about putting some inner tube on the cam band, and use it to file down the end of the band. It may not be perfectly flat, but it should do a reasonable good job of keeping the end against the cam band.

That seems like it could work also. Right, the strap would rest across the top of the weight pocket but it would be constrained by the keeper so that it's not easily pulled and opening the buckle in the process.

Looks like a really nice setup.

No ditchable weights?

What's the plan if the bladder croaks? So now you're on the surface, how are you maintaining positive bouyancy?

Looks like a really nice setup.

No ditchable weights?

What's the plan if the bladder croaks? So now you're on the surface, how are you maintaining positive
bouyancy?

Nope no ditchable weight, I've practiced swimming up from depth with an empty bladder and managed without difficulty but I know in a true OOA situation ditchable weight would be nice. Once at the surface I
suppose I would need to count on the buoyancy of my smb to keep me up, if all else fails I could see my self just ditching my whole rig if I
needed to survive.

As an update I've averaged about 1 dive a month and everything is holding up great, no complaints yet...

You are correct, it doesn't come with ditchable weights. That doesn't mean it can't be added, there are lots of options to add ditechable weights, which is why they aren't included as everyone has a different preference of how they want the weight. It's not difficult or expensive to add weight pockets to a harness :wink:

Just finished up my AOW classes using this setup. Peak performance bouyancy way a breeze with the bp/w, I know the user makes a difference but the way it places me properly in the water helped a ton. Also I recieved 3 different compliments from other divers that liked my gear! They couldn't believe me when I told them the price of it all. I am in the market for an Aluminum blackplate now because I realized I'm not slightly overweight I'm horribly overweight with my steel plate with steel tanks. If anyone will sell me one cheap pm me please!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom