Review: Whites Fusion Drysuit - say goodbye to cave cut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you know if they have the Tech Skin with the pockets there? I may be able to go tomorrow... :)

I've had a ton of PM's and questions about just how warm the Fusion can be.

Here is a quick video I put together using the Fusion with scooters and some pretty cold water!

Enjoy.

All the best, James

Thanks DB! They're fun to do, but sure not fun to edit. BTW, I started a separate thread that has a high-res version in it if you want it.

All the best, James

I'm so tempted by this suit, I just keep hearing conflicting stories about how warm it is. Some people say it's cold even with the MK3 other say it's as warm as any other suit. Has anyone done extended length dives, like over an hour, in 40 degrees or less?

Jimmer, it's just a laminate suit like other laminate suits, when it comes to warmth. It has no intrinsic insulating ability, so how warm you are depends entirely on what you wear under it.

I've done 80 minutes in 43 degrees with the MK3. My feet were cold. I did about 60 minutes in 44 with the MK3 and a Thinsulate vest under it, and I wasn't even beginning to feel chilled. I was wearing a ton of weight, though!

Well I would think you'd need a ton of weight with those undies in pretty much any suit! I'd love the chance to test dive this suit, I saw it at the outdoor adventure show, and tried one on and it felt great. I'll have to see about calling the shop that had them on display and seeing if there is any chance for a test dive. Everything sounds pretty good so far tho, I'm just waiting to see the tech skin with pockets.

I had a chance to see the Tech Skin, which looks pretty nice, sadly it's not in my size yet, and I haven't seen the pockets that will be available for it yet. I'm very interested in that.

Back
Top Bottom