RG 3000 Regulator Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoastalTradition

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone, I have a RG 3000 regulator made by Dive Rite, along with a Dive Rite second stage and Dive Rite Source Octo.

I used it maybe 3 times last summer/early fall and thoroughly cleaned everything when I was done. I am wanting to make sure everything is up to speed before I dive this spring/summer. Do I need to get any service done?

I was looking at an ICE/environmental kit, but if I am not doing any cold weather diving, would this be beneficial for salt water intrusion?

My first stage also doesn't have a 5th port...is this something that is helpful in any way other then routing the hoses a little better?

thanks and happy diving!

Hi Coastal,

Thanks for the post. Assuming that you've stored your reg in a safe location, you don't need to service it just because it hasn't been dived in awhile. It is ALWAYS a good idea to do a test dive before any major dive of any gear that has been in storage, so if you can find a pool, quarry or bathtub that should do fine, just to make sure you're not seeing anything (such as bubbles from a punctured hose, etc.) that you shouldn't.

No need for the ICE kit or 5th port. The 5th port gives a nice place for double tank hose routing, but isn't necessary. Simply a convenience for those who want more streamlined hoses on their rig.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can answer more questions.

Cheers,
Kathleen

Nice. Thanks for saving me a couple $, for now. More towards dives! So is there any benefit to an ICE kit for help with salt water?

The ice kit is for extremely cold diving (below 50 degrees) or for those who do a lot of muck diving. Not necessary for salt water. Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom