Rig Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this going to be more of a group of divers hanging out and diving or a charter through GGDs?

Hopefully its a gang of ScubaBoarders hanging out and having a blast diving some rigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have some questions however. What sites are you looking at? what are the depths? and what are we looking at for boat ride times out to the site? and what are we looking at for costs? My only problem is that I have no idea where Ft. Morgan is at, but I am sure I could mapquest it. How far is it from your shop Gary?

I would like to hit the rigs in the 100' range. The good thing about diving rigs is that You have structure from top to bottom so take your pick at the depth You want.
Cost will be in the 125. range depending on fuel prices.
Ft. Morgan is about 30 miles west of the dive shop but it may be just as good to leave from Orange Beach.

If I may, A trip to the rigs is well worth it I shouldn’t be let slip by if you can help it. Last Sat evening on a spare of the moment fish run five men dropped into the water in twenty minuets time our limit was made Sonny even claimed to have gave chase to a Dolphin and Waahoo

The fish was like a vortex spiraling down around the rig. Snapper so thick you had to watch your shot because if you were to miss your fish you would surly hit another. Even at about two hundred or so feet off the rig we were taking Triggers. I should have a nice face to face slide shot of a cuda after I get it developed, Now for some interest for Mr Paul. The new reefs are holding slippers

You all should have a good time site seeing also. It cool to get down under most of the fish and look up through them Remember to wear you gloves

What about Aug. 3rd, 10th or 17th? All Sundays.

I was kinda hoping before then but, I might be able to do August 3rd. I have the Oriskany scheduled with MBT August 23. I'll see if the boss (wife) will allow me to do the Father's Day gift dive with you and then the "I'm going diving whether you like it or not on the 23rd." dive. :)

Last edited:
My only problem is that I have no idea where Ft. Morgan is at, but I am sure I could mapquest it. How far is it from your shop Gary?

Just west of Gulf Shores, still on the east side of Mobile Bay though.

Andy and I would like to go. We are going to do some test diving somewhere before anymore boat dives to make sure he can clear ok. We will probably make a spring run or something. Andy has really been wanting to do an oil rig so I am sure we would be in on it. :)

You know we have to do something for my birthday which is August 9th like we did last year. An August 10th trip would be nice but we need to save room for Linda on the boat. Donna needs to go too. Her birthday is August 8th :) We had a blast last year with grilled hot dogs and cake on board. :D

(This doesn't have to be the oil rig trip.) :)

Ok. HighJack is over. You know I would never H/J a thread. :D

I have the August 8-10 weekend off. Maybe we could make a weekend of it. The 9th somewhere for the birthday girls. The 10th we hit some rigs?

Back
Top Bottom