Roatan Airport new rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You almost sound like you are new to a Honduras.:rofl3:

Not at all Doc, I know " Because it is Honduras" is the answer to the questions I brought up, I was simply, though not simply enough I guess, trying to point out that Cajuns new technology thing just didn't hold water

Reactions: Doc
WOW, Dude, you need a new hobby, Your
Last trip was ten years ago yet you recall dates , times and details along with number of trips??

---------- Post added September 20th, 2014 at 08:43 AM ----------

Dang Must have sucked waiting to sell for those 4 years, Were you an unsuccessful business owner or just bad retirement planning ?
................nah, just don't have a problem remembering a few dates in my life--bought in '94---sold in '08--14 years later, what's hard about that???.....Please don't tell me you have trouble remembering things like your BD/anniversary---etc etc.....Please don't tell me you have problems remembering your mama's BD---or your daddy's???.please....If so------there are WAYS to remedy those little problems...:)............

Remember the number of trips cuz we went 3X a year---except the last 2 years we went 1 time(notice a visiting trend happening????......BTW, it was never up for sale, couple living on the island knew we were not going anymore & made us an offer after us not visiting for 3 years...BUT, it took a FULL YEAR to get thru Honduras legal tape for them to outright own the house)..........Let me do the simple math for you, thinking it'll be a problem for you---3 X 8 = 24 PLUS 1 and another 1 = 26......Now, tell me, was that tuff???.........--@ one point(for 3.5 years) we had 2 of our 3 young adult kids living & working on the island(one boy moved there @ age 19--got his DM after 2 weeks & got his instructors 2 months later-- in '99 for 3.5 years---girl, oldest of our 3, moved there for almost 2 years @ ~ age 25)---but they both lived on West End---separately---& our house was in Sandy Bay------but again, someone with a weak mind might not remember those couple details.......:)......................

& so, I'm thinking neither one of your conclusions were correct--------negative nelly........We(wife & I) just decided we wanted to travel to other destinations---around the world, other than the 'no-seeum's capital of the world'.........We thoroughly enjoyed our 'home away from home' for the time we were there---but have enjoyed the South Pacific & Indian Oceans quite well also, since........When I got to 500 dives around the island, I told the wife it's time to see 'other parts'........After diving the El Aguila the 15th time(almost in front of our house there----btw, you could see our house while diving the Odyssey---)........'Hit 'em up & move em out'---(that's from the series Rawhide---from the 60's------bet you would not have remembered that???.........????)..

EDIT-& one more thing---LOLOLOLOL..........."Were you an unsuccessful business owner or just bad retirement planning"......LOLOLOL.......This place was NEVER--I mean NEVER--in any of our retirement plans....Son, you just barked up a wrong tree.......:).LOLOLOLOL.........

Last edited:
....'Hit 'em up & move em out'---(that's from the series Rawhide---from the 60's------bet you would not have remembered that???.........????)
Correct but then again I remember NOTHING from before I was born,

Forgive me if it seemed negative, when you said you Finally sold the house after 4 years of not visiting and realizing you would not make it here I thought things may not have been all smiles from your side, Surprised you waited till 08 t sell when things were booming a few years earlier

Correct but then again I remember NOTHING from before I was born,

Forgive me if it seemed negative, when you said you Finally sold the house after 4 years of not visiting and realizing you would not make it here I thought things may not have been all smiles from your side, Surprised you waited till 08 t sell when things were booming a few years earlier
......Son, again we were not worried about that money.........Have really enjoyed-now- seeing other parts of the world.........Guess some Floridians have a hard time understanding this reasoning ie." Cajuns new technology thing just didn't hold water"...........It's black & white around here........lololol

......Son, again we were not worried about that money.........Have really enjoyed-now- seeing other parts of the world.........Guess some Floridians have a hard time understanding this reasoning ie." Cajuns new technology thing just didn't hold water"...........It's black & white around here........lololol
I don't recall suggesting you had money troubles or that travel is not a good thing, As for technology, that was not the issue, the issue was lack of training, and having to type info for each one arriving, Fingerprint readers and computers are nothing new, and only 2 agents working 4 large Jets arriving within an hour

---------- Post added September 20th, 2014 at 05:42 PM ----------

Word today is that Delta American and United all cleared immigration in less than 1.5 hours

I don't recall suggesting you had money troubles or that travel is not a good thing, As for technology, that was not the issue, the issue was lack of training, and having to type info for each one arriving, Fingerprint readers and computers are nothing new, and only 2 agents working 4 large Jets arriving within an hour

---------- Post added September 20th, 2014 at 05:42 PM ----------

Word today is that Delta American and United all cleared immigration in less than 1.5 hours
...........uhhhh---" Were you an unsuccessful business owner or just bad retirement planning"............Sure sounded like it to me-----------Tell you what---you go your way & I'll go mine...See you later, Sonny....'Have a great Day'--& if you have ANY questions, please watch this short clip..lololol........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr_uQrP10DY

three planes came in within an hour yesterday and the lines moved quickly, i'm guessing no one was in line for more than 30 mins. even in hondo things can improve, although i'm hearing san pedro sula customs was still a nightmare yesterday

...........uhhhh---" Were you an unsuccessful business owner or just bad retirement planning"............Sure sounded like it to me-----------Tell you what--
With all you ....////// and lololols you seemed to miss the " ? " in my quote, But that's cool pops, enjoy your days

---------- Post added September 21st, 2014 at 12:28 PM ----------

three planes came in within an hour yesterday and the lines moved quickly, i'm guessing no one was in line for more than 30 mins.
More like 1-1.15 hours for the last arrivals but still much better than 3-4. They brought in about 10 extra workers so all stations were manned. Maybe SPS was where they took them from hence the continuing problems there ?

Back
Top Bottom