Roatan Airport new rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, That is Bull..Ony.. There is a bank next to the west en gas station that taxes can be paid at when they are open but that fluctuates.. You can pay Departure tax 48 hours in advance with no issue at the airport , NEVER EVER Could departure tax be paid at a gas station even if Eldon is one of the wealthiest on RTB

Are you trying to say that one can indeed pay the departure tax at the bank by the gas station if one is lucky enough to catch the bank open? Or are you saying that the bank is for payment of other taxes?

For myself, I see little benefit in going to airport a day or two in advance of my departure unless there's a coincidental driveby on an outing.

What eould be ideal is if Honduras could find it in them to make a deal with the airlines as Belize has done. Departure tax is included in the price of your ticket purchase. No muss no fuss no ridiculously slow line-up.

Anyone ever use that "At-Your-Service" service to exit the country?
Seems to me that $76.00 a couple to save yourself a few hours at the airport might be worth it.
How does she do your fingerprinting ahead of time? I would proceed with caution

---------- Post added September 22nd, 2014 at 06:22 AM ----------

Are you trying to say that one can indeed pay the departure tax at the bank by the gas station if one is lucky enough to catch the bank open? Or are you saying that the bank is for payment of other taxes?

You can pay all taxes, reco bill, etc at Banco Lafise

Aeropuertos de Honduras | Pago de Tarifa Aeroportuaria

How does she do your fingerprinting ahead of time? I would proceed with caution

I have no personal experience with AYS, but if you do some poking around on the nets, you will see a whole lot of not-so-happy clients. I generally don't give a whole lot of credence to such, but the volume is high and where there's smoke... you might find a lot of "burned bridges".

Anyone ever use that "At-Your-Service" service to exit the country?
Seems to me that $76.00 a couple to save yourself a few hours at the airport might be worth it.

........What is the departure tax these days-------- used to be 5 US bucks a head, & I want to say before that('94 was the 1st time we went to Roatan) it was zero???.......Does zero sound correct???-lol, can't be......

........What is the departure tax these days-------- used to be 5 US bucks a head, & I want to say before that('94 was the 1st time we went to Roatan) it was zero???.......Does zero sound correct???-lol, can't be......
Lololollssss --------------Departure tax is about $40 us ...............................Lololools , lolololol-------------you don't visit in over ten years LOLOLOLOL........ But follow the forum and keep posting like you know LOLOLOLLOLL ----------Funny, Seem you may be sorry to sell the apartment................ , Maybe you just not have a new place to buy................. LOLOLOLOL

i thought going to USA is a PITA, now this? would have loved to return to Roatan but between Sunwing's ridiculous carryon allowance, this immigration BS and the noseeums i'm going to pick a destination where i don't waste time with nonesense

i thought going to USA is a PITA, now this? would have loved to return to Roatan but between Sunwing's ridiculous carryon allowance, this immigration BS and the noseeums i'm going to pick a destination where i don't waste time with nonesense

I hear the Epcot center dive experience is awesome'

i'm going to pick a destination where i don't waste time with nonesense

Let me know which one that is. Travel used to be exciting. A counting down the days, couldn't sleep the night before experience. Now you have to let enough time pass between vacations to allow enough memory of all the extraneous crap to be forgotten. Travel by air has gotten exhausting. I'd be interested in a service that comes to your house, anesthetizes you and then wakes you back up just outside the airport of your destination as you are on your way to the resort.

Let me know which one that is. Travel used to be exciting. A counting down the days, couldn't sleep the night before experience. Now you have to let enough time pass between vacations to allow enough memory of all the extraneous crap to be forgotten. Travel by air has gotten exhausting. I'd be interested in a service that comes to your house, anesthetizes you and then wakes you back up just outside the airport of your destination as you are on your way to the resort.

That would be awesome!

I hear the Epcot center dive experience is awesome'

diving doesn't end in Roatan, loved the trip there, but was already a PITA at the airport both ways, if they don't want the divers and tourists the Epcot it is...ooh noes that's in US, that insists on telling me that while i am on Canadian soil i am in fact in US...no, thanks

we're in Grand Cayman, getting here was totally flawless, from the time we got off the plane to being in the condo 10 kms away, via car rental, it took 1.5 hours...same thing in Bermuda, and Mexico,, Bonaire and Curacao, and Dominican, and any other place that values the income the tourists bring in, my time is more valuable then anything else

Back
Top Bottom