Roatan Airport new rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think I've seen this yet posted on the thread, if I missed it, sorry for the repeat. You can go online to prechequeo.inm.gob.hn to pre-register with immigration. It speeds the process a bit, and you can go in a different line.
Regarding the departure tax and paying it in advance, any Lafise bank will do this, just have your passport with you. There's a Lafise by the gas station in West End, one across from the Petro Sun (at Farmacia Ahorros) in Coxen Hole, at the airport, up towards French Harbour, and maybe elsewhere.

Now that's what I'm talking about! !

Sorry if I was not specific enough , I will try better, The link I previously posted Aeropuertos de Honduras ? English Version | Has the Information about banking, has the information about precheck and lots more. You can fill out the form and be all set but no one yet knows how much this will help, Last week lines for those entering wen very smooth, It was exiting that was an issue, there simply is not enough room at the airport to accommodate everyone.

Here is direct link to pre check http://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/Login,

Attachments

• Immigration pre-check in instructions.pdf
    904.4 KB · Views: 104
We just got back from paying our departure tax and asked the airport office what they recommended for tomorrow's flights. They said two hours before check in would be sufficient.

Thanks RTBDiver. Is there a preferred lead time for completing this? I.e. a week before travel vs. a day before travel?

No Idea, I have no clue if it really even helps as this is new stuff, I don't think it matters because you print out the form and bring copy with you. My wife arrives tomorrow and did the pre check thing so I will get first hand info then

Still don't really have any info as to how the day went, I have heard it went smooth with plenty of extra workers at both ends of immigration, Took my wife all of a few minutes but she was first in line on the first plane so all was simple, She did not notice any different line for those with pre check, She handed the guy her pre check paper, he smiled, took picture and prints and that was the excitement

a definitive word, 09/20/14
from Tim Blanton, resident...

Gotta love Tim. LOL

Waking up at home and starting on the video/photo editing. 17 GB worth of great memories.

The departure at RTB was simple and fast enough. The line for fingerprinting moved pretty quick. We were through the whole thing and waiting in the "terminal" after @ 20 minutes. There were three planes leaving that afternoon and the airport was busy but it didn't really create any issues.

Back
Top Bottom