Roatan Diving - any good packages via resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If this is really true then COCO View is you hands down destination! Unless there are kids going.

No non-certified kids allowed at COCO View

Yes - it really is just diving and relaxing. The youngest will be my nephew who is 21. All of us are certified advanced open water with nitrox.

I think all of us have around 50 dives under our belts. Mostly cold water as I mentioned earlier which is why we wanted something warmer :) We have several dives while in Hawaii but other than that - Northern CA, and the local lake.

I'm going to check out Coco here today and see what they have to offer. I've heard several good things in this thread and others so I'll start here.

Thank you again.

If you want to dive, dive, dive, Cocoview is a good choice.

To give you and idea of what the diving is like, here is my video from a week of diving there in August.

Ok..I will throw one vote in for Anthony's Key. I agree that there isn't any shore diving, but they have a package through december on their website that includes both the dive with dolphins and dive with sharks.

Hey Scott, my name is Mark A. and I am currently going to Roatan on December 8th thru the 15th, 2007. The cost is $1,650.00 per person based on double occupancy, we currently have four spaces left to fill. The trip is all inclusive, three meals daily, all diving, unlimited shore diving, and your airfare from Denver, Colorado. If you would like you can contact us at majc_diver@yahoo.com Again my name is Mark and my wife is Jolene. P.S. final payment is going to be due October 23rd, 2007 yes this tuesday sorry for the inconveinence, We will be staying at Coco View Resort

You could aalso check Paradisescuba.com, they have a trip Jan 4-12 for under $1400 from Houston, staying at Fantasy Island.

Hi Scott, I've logged most of my dives at a great little all-inclusive resort on the east side of Roatan known as The Reef House Resort. They have a great website which will tell you all about their place and the diving they offer. It's a very different type of resort, quiet and peaceful and the diving is awesome-huge sponges,corals and we even found several sea horses. Check them out on Trip Advisor as well.
Happy Bubbles!
Nancy

Avoid Fantasy Island even if the package is $100 total. A dump.

I was there about 18 months ago.

Their dive operation is hideous. Careless and/or incompetent personnel, cattle boats and their rental equipment is scarce and/or falling apart.

The entire place is garbage. See the current issue of "UnderCurrent" and it seems to have gotten even worse. I don't see how any reputable travel agency could book people in a place like this.

Sy

There have been some situations with the cruise ships now coming in and the various resorts that will take cruise divers. Where ever you decide to stay, make you ask if they do take cruise divers and if so what is the policy. You might find your comfortable quaint dive boats turn into a mob scene.

Saf1, R-man is dead on with his description and advice. You can count on it being accurate. I went to Fantassy island last year, and was next door to Cocoview, so saw, from affar, pretty much how it is (I've also read man many reviews of Cocoview on this site). Having shopped extensively before the trip, here is my take on it. If you want lots of diving, the two best options in my oppinion, are as R-man said, Fantassy island and Cocoview.

If price is no object, and you really want nothing else than great easy diving 24h/24h along with some food and a place to sleep, Cocoview seems to be the best (and from what many say, the best pretty much anywhere!!!!!). You'l be able to log as many dives as your computer will allow!!!!:eyebrow:

If you are looking for value and cost is a factor... Or 2-3 dives a day is enough for you... or when not diving (which means you won't be diving 5 times daily) you want a beach, a bar, a pool, volleyball, renting a jetski, or want to do some island activity, I believe Fantassy island is your best bet. They have all this (most others don't). Plus, they have bargain prices (present deal is 609$ for the week, 3 dives a day, unlimited shore dives, and unlimited Nitrox is 100$ for the week).

If you want to go out at night, party, then these two resorts are not for you. You would want something in West end, near the bars.

I honnestly think I made the right choice with Fantassy island for 2 reasons:1- I was on a tight budget and wanted to dive lots, 2- My girfriend wanted a beach when she was not diving.

As R-man said, you need to decide what you are looking for! Partying? Diving your brains out? Or lots of diving, whith other resort infrastructure such as a beach.

I hope this helps a bit!:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom