Roatan, Honduras – CoCo View Resort, May 13-20-27, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought he was going to be back in the States organizing his re-election campaign. Seemd he needs some new blood in his camp!:11:

Who is Scutt anyway. I've seen posts from him on the Coco View board.
Is he for real? :11:
PM me if need be K?

parrotheaddiver:
Skutt is very elusive....but is fond of orange and Salva Vida

I believe it is Tomatoes and Salva Vida. Red Beer, very Texas you see.

This gal a tomato? :06:

parrotheaddiver:
Doc I see you have made a recent trip to the Philippines...your pics are very colorful...how was the diving:06:

Yeah, the topside pics were pretty stunning, as was the u/w delights as well. Unfortunately I didn't get copies of "the good ones" yet from the UW photographers.

The many long hours of travel were well worth the effort! The UW landscape rushes by quickly in the ripping currents, but when they take you to "Nudibranch Wall", you'll know how it got the name.

The night dives were very rewarding. The bio-lum was phenomenal on a full moon. If you turned off your lights and just flew along those velcro Starfish, critters exploded against them as they were pushed along with the current. The wall looked like a hillside of decorated Christmas trees.

We saw all of the critters as were recently featured in the National Geographic Magazine including the Stargazer and the Mime Octopus. In NGS he was shown in a CoCoNut husk, ours was miming a Hermit Crab in a two part shell.

Did I mention that the currents were remarkable?

The tide varied maybe 4 feet. Sometimes the water lapped at the dive op steps, sometimes it was out 400 feet across the mud flats. The crew carried the heavy stuff, but I did manage 5 dives each day with a night dive every night.

We did rent scooters for one dive and after the DM loosened up a bit we played bumper cars, demo derby, chicken and Thunderball for the rest of the dive.

Roatan demands slow, careful inspections and magnifying glasses. Philippines? Quick eyes and advanced skills. Well worth the trip.

I am taking "Herself" back when the schedule allows.

Queenie KSue:
Who is Scutt anyway. I've seen posts from him on the Coco View board.
Is he for real? :11:
PM me if need be K?

I've had some encounters on the CCV chat with Scutt. I had posted a perfectly innocent thread about luggage, and it took on a life of it's own. Along the way I mentioned that while I was organized, I usually forgot to take enough underwear or my toothbrush (it's true, forgot to pack enough undies, only had 2 pair). Anyhow, the thread went on with lots of teasing then Scutt F who is the "fromer mayor of Playa Miguel" put his 2 cents in. Boy does he need to use spell check. I thought if he would only send me a private message, I'd tell him all about the "unner wares".

I've never had any other encounters with him, but I think he must be a fun kind of guy who just can't spell.

Bratface:
I've had some encounters on the CCV chat with Scutt. I had posted a perfectly innocent thread about luggage, and it took on a life of it's own. Along the way I mentioned that while I was organized, I usually forgot to take enough underwear or my toothbrush (it's true, forgot to pack enough undies, only had 2 pair). Anyhow, the thread went on with lots of teasing then Scutt F who is the "fromer mayor of Playa Miguel" put his 2 cents in. Boy does he need to use spell check. I thought if he would only send me a private message, I'd tell him all about the "unner wares".

I've never had any other encounters with him, but I think he must be a fun kind of guy who just can't spell.

I think Scutt has too many Salva Vida's before he decides to post. He's really quiet cuddley and harmless:10:

Yes, I got that feeling, too. I'd like to meet him and drink a beer to his spelling abilities.

Back
Top Bottom