Roatan - Infinity Bay Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding Infinity Bay and diving, while they do advertise a diving package it is, in reality, inappropriate for their clients and the dive operators that honour them.

I agree with a previous post that eventually the hotel will almost certainly have its own on-site center to cater to its divers.

However, if the hotel, its facilities and location are what you are looking for you'll still find plenty of diving options close by. Bananarama, Mayan Divers and Anemonia Dive are all a very short beach walk from the hotel. A complimentary water taxi is available for hotel guests to West End if they prefer an operator there, 5 minutes by boat.

So, to answer your question, no, I don't think its worthwhile booking a package with the resort and yes, I am sure you'll find a safe and reputable dive center in West Bay, good luck!

Great advice and would you be able to recommend any of the above dive ops. more than the other or are they equally as good? I am just looking to avoid the cattle or full boat bursting at the seams concept.

I believe they all offer single tank dives instead of the two tanks?

Well I manage one of the three listed and have promised myself not to tout for business on the forums so...

Again, all three are good, we each have decent boats, new rental gear, small group to guide ratios and all support the efforts of the Roatan Marine Park.

I know Bananarama and Mayan Divers offer two-tank dives on both sides of the island. Both are a 2-4 minute walk from the hotel. Each of the centers have accommadation and dive package deals. Mayan is similar to Infinity Bay for price and clientale.

It isn't necessary to pre-book with the dive centers unless your have very specific needs so you could shop around once you've arrived, prices are standard but staff and guides vary.

If you want an other info. ask!

My wife and I stayed at Infinity Bay last year and dove with Bananarama. We were extremely pleased with both operations. My wife doesn't dive a lot and I am getting more and more into it, especially after our trip last year. The diving was so good and so cheap there, that we kept diving and diving. You have the option to do single or double tank dives. The reef is right in front of Infinity Bay and there is a good night dive there. Really good snorkeling as well, so maybe your wife could dabble in that a little. Bananarama is 30 seconds down the beach depending on how slow you are. They only take out small groups and have great guides. Let me know if you have any other questions.

We were thinking about going back again this year, but may be trying Cozumel instead just to try something different. BTW, it might be worth asking Infinity Bay who they dive with, I'm not sure, but you could price it out both ways and see if you get much of a break. They may dive with Bananarama for all I know. Our favorite guides were Serena, Mal, Sofia, and Martin. Juvenile will take good care of you at the Palapa bar at Infinity Bay. Hmmmmm, maybe we need to reconsider our destination.

Sounds like Infinity Bay is the place for our new vacation destination. I'll try it out the diving and hope to be impressed. Thank you for all the feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom