Roatan Recommendations -Exposure, Tipping and Vaccinations/preventative meds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to slather something on your legs, use baby oil. I dove with a DM in Utila who showed me her secret... A generous covering of baby oil ALL over any exposed skin. The oil trapped and killed any sand fleas/noseeums. It is yucky though and she would wash off as soon as we were on the boat. Also made for easy entry into a wetsuit. If you're staying at FI, then there is not too much to worry about. In the past, they would rake the sand daily to get rid of the fleas. Very few sand fleas on the beach but do take precaution.

But that doesn't help with keeping the dengue fever infected mosquitoes off of you... Dengue fever is very common there..

The noseeums are relentless on Roatan, so are the mosquitoes. I make and use a natural bug spray that is made with essential oils and it works great in preventing these insect bites. I used to get 100 or more for a 2 week stay, now I get single digits. So how did your trip go?

If you would like a trial size bottle let me know. You can view more on my web site at Lita's No-See-Um No More TM Product Information
Just let me know you saw my post on ScubaBoard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom