Rock bottom calculation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freewillow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, I am looking for a Excell worksheet that allows to calculate rock bottom in a metric system. I have found some internet links, including is this forum but no one worked for me. MP if you do not one to make it public :wink:

If no workshet is available, where can I find the basic formulaes in order to build my own worksheet?

Thanks, the file was downloadable.

It is not exactly what I wanted but interesting data. This semms not to allow deco dives, so not complete enough. Am I right?

What is the difference between the first and the second table. The title are very similar. I guess, I am missing a point. Please help.

It is not exactly what I wanted but interesting data. This semms not to allow deco dives, so not complete enough. Am I right?
No, it's made for no-deco dives only. However, the math behind the calculations of gas consumption should be the same whether you do deco or no-deco. Note that I've allowed for a safety stop, and that math is the same whether it's a safety stop at 5m or a couple of deco stops at, say 6m and 3m.

I made it for myself some time ago, and since you hadn't got many answers I figured I could offer it as a starting point for your own calculations.

Thanks storker.

I will look into it more carefully.

Can you explain the difference between the two tables. The title is not exactly the same but I cannot catch the real difference. Have a great night. Guy

The top one only considers gas for maximum bottom time given nominal tank pressure. The bottom one compares gas limit and NDL and chooses the shortest of the two.

The most relevant table is the four-column table top left, which gives min pressure at various depths for three different tank sizes (10, 12 and 15 liters)

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

If a deco dive with a separate deco mix you need enough gas to complete the dive with lost deco mix.

No spreadsheet, but DiveNerd gas an online calculator.

This blog steps through the calculation approach in detail. Write up is imperial versus metric, but may help you set up your calcs.

Back
Top Bottom