Rocky Mountain Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too only dive wet at this time. I have a 7 mm semi-dry (better labeled as a semi-wet) and am comfortable down to 50 F, but found 45F to be quite cold. 2005 diving resolution is to have the drysuit. I'll wait for the ice to clear. I'm not that excited to drag my belly in the mud!

Wijbrandus:
Ok, I finally reached someone at Aurora park services.

The Scuba Beach will be open for business on 1 April.

Current conditions are 40F at the surface and 50% iced over. Brr!

Where do I rent a drysuit!?!

Odyssey has rentals Mobbys and USIA for $65 a day, $95 for thurs. thru sun.
by the way I just received my new USIA Aqua Pro yesterday. These suits are nice!
We need to set a date for Aurora. I think the turn out will be good, diving or not. (I'm diving)
Rick

Rickster:
Odyssey has rentals Mobbys and USIA for $65 a day, $95 for thurs. thru sun.
by the way I just received my new USIA Aqua Pro yesterday. These suits are nice!
We need to set a date for Aurora. I think the turn out will be good, diving or not. (I'm diving)
Rick

Congrats on the new suit!

I'm pretty sure Underwater Phantaseas South also rents dry suits.

-Amber

I too got my new suit last night.

That means I have a apare suit that I need to get rid of.

It's a Bare XCD2-Tech Dry (2mm crushed neoprene) Size Medium/Large/Short w/ sz 9 boots.
Here is the link to the suit's page at Bare. http://www.bare-wetsuits.com/bareshop/diveproduct.asp?dept_id=21010&pf_id=61416.

I have about 20 dives on it since I got it new. It has Halcyon pockets and a P valve. Anyone interested, let me know. I'll probably stick it on ebay in a week. I would like to get $600. out of it. PM me if you want to look at it. I live in Westminster and work in Denver next to D.U. on Evans Ave.

Really good information. I did not see anything on when the lake is open to diving. Do you know?

ddavies:
Really good information. I did not see anything on when the lake is open to diving. Do you know?
Hi ddavies, and welcome to RMO's. Aurora opens April 1st. We are all planning a get together sometime soon, and you are welcome to come.
Rick

I was out at Aurora res yesterday. Still a bit of ice, but they opened it for boats on the 15th. The ice is just a light icing in the shady spots.

No water temp was listed. I'm guessing it's still in the 40's, but there wasn't a ranger to ask.

Rickster:
Hi ddavies, and welcome to RMO's. Aurora opens April 1st. We are all planning a get together sometime soon, and you are welcome to come.
Rick
Thanks. It is good to see we have an active Colorado forum. I did my OW in November and I am excited about doing some diving closer then Blue Hole or Crater. Later I may get more picky about seeing things but for now I just like being in the water.

Speaking of a scuba-party at Aurora, how warm does the water need to be before people are willing to get wet? Are we shooting for 50F? 55F?

Coldest I've been in is 62F (Blue Hole)... I'm not sure how low I'm willing to go, but peer pressure has made me do dummer things.

in my wet suit, I'd do 55 for sure, 50 my start to be a stretch. Now if anyone has an extra dry suit...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom