Rookie Question about extending bottom time...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am taking it all in. I live in Cocoa so the easiest dive is Pelican Flats 26 miles and/or 8A reef 15 miles. Might Check in to that handheld vhf unit-nice idea. Not competing with my wife. No percentages in it-believe me! Hell the only thing I ever beat her in was getting one less question wrong on the recent nitrox exam!!! And I'm afraid to bring it up!!! LOL! Yeah, like I said I need advice. I learn a lot from you guys and I appreciate it. Just looking to maximize bottom time. Gonna borrow a 120 from a friend and try that. Doubles next year!!!@#$%&. Thanks again, sincerely, kk OH, and get a 7 mil wetsuit, work on my breathing, stop and smell the coffee,dive more often, stop trying to beat my wife,get a vhf radio-move to Bon Aire!!! kk

Try doing a 2 or better yet 3-count between kicks so you do more of a kick and glide dive, naturally this is easier when frog or scissor kicking but you can do it with a flutter. Many divers don't realize just how fast they are going or how much kicking they are actually doing. More kicking = more work = higher consumption rate.
Ber :lilbunny:

My sac has been improving on every dive,but I've still got a long way to go to get to even a .5.
I do alot of deep diving 100+ and the thing is montering my NDL. I dive nitrox but plan on the air tables giving me a safe zone.
It seems to me that most of the divers on doubles are doing deco dives, I,m not at that stage yet but I did want to have more air on my back so I chose the 130 steels,they weigh 43 lbs (empty) when full they come in around neg. buoyancy of -11.7 and empty its -2.0 lbs. So less dead lead!
There is a good web site with a ton of info. on all tanks,
http://www.diveriteexpress.com/gas/steel.shtml
I hope this helped

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom