Rooms at Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Len

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Assuming I can request a room in advance of our trip next Feb, 2009, can someone suggest what room I should ask for ? It will be a double room, sunset view would be nice, quiet. What room would you request or are they all pretty much the same ? Thanks.

They are pretty much all the same, although if you can get a room on the third floor your view will be better. Very basic. Alarm clock/radio, bed, small fridge...no TV. Thats about it. Might want to bring along a coffee maker like I did. Also, go to the store across the street to buy your booze. A little cheaper than at the bar.

Its all about diving at the Scuba Club.

Enjoy!

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Assuming I can request a room in advance of our trip next Feb, 2009, can someone suggest what room I should ask for ? It will be a double room, sunset view would be nice, quiet. What room would you request or are they all pretty much the same ? Thanks.

I had a chance to see many of the rooms several years ago when I photographed them. The floor plans for the rooms on the beach side are all a little different from each other. Some have huge king size beds, some have two queens, some have two queens and a twin. If you don't mind steps #55 is way at the top in the front, but is one of the most asked for rooms. You can see all they way up and down the coast. I think it has two queen sized beds. #36 and 37 are in the front on the second level and are my favorites because you get an amazing view and you're own private patio. Both have king size beds. There are two rooms just beneath them that have two beds each. The beach facing rooms on the dive shop end are a little bit of everything and are really nice too. Each one has a different floor plan, but I can't remember the numbers on that end. I think they're in the 70s, but don't quote me. Some are multi-level. There are also some great rooms in the middle building upstairs in the back. Those are way up high and have a nice view too. Most the rooms at SCC have an ocean view, but not all are on the beach. I'll be there is less than 24 hours so I can get you numbers if you PM me.

There are some great rooms and there are some caves. And everything in between. As a new guest, I doubt if you will be able to get a room commitment from them but it is worth a try. Sometimes you just get lucky. We had 55 on our first visit and thought it was the honeymoon suite. Then I found out all the beds were cement slabs.

The section of rooms on the south, by the dive shop are newest (not real important) and fairly quiet until about 0700 and the tanks start moving. The 5 ocean facing rooms there I believe are 71 thru 75. 71 and 72 are ground floor but still fairly private as that part of the beach does not get a lot of use. But the occupants of 72 have to walk across the front 71 as they come and go. 73 is on the 2nd floor and is quite large with lots of ocean view windows. 75 and 74 are on the top floor and very private. No reason to ever close the curtains to the sliding glass door leading to the patios. Stairs to the upper floor rooms can be a little rough so stay low if you have to deal with any limited mobility problems.

Enjoy

Room 55 ALL the way.. It has a king and cross ventilation as it is a corner unit. It also has a balcony that is very private... Stairs, yes..you even step down three into the unit. Chicks dig it dude! Chicks REALLY dig it..sabe?

We stayed in 77. Its pretty much over the webcam so the view from the cam is the view from the balcony. It had two double or queen beds and a sofa/bed that was softer than the regular beds. Alot of room but had to climb stairs and the tanks woke us up at 6:30 every morning which was a plus for us.

I'm sitting on the balcony of room 37 right now. Its about 10:30 p.m. and we just got in from the usual amazing dinner and margaritas at El Foco. The cruise ships have left and all I can hear is the lapping of waves on the shore and an occasional giggle coming from some skinny dippers out front. Its about 90 degrees and there's no wind. I think I have died and gone to heaven.

One thing to consider. If you want internet access in your room, the wifi only extends to those rooms within about 50 ft of the main courtyard (above the reception area). Also, any room above the first floor means dragging your gear up that number of stairs!

I was there a few years ago; It's great no matter which room you get.

Thanks for all the info. I think I might just go with tridacna's advice... "It's great no matter which room you get".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom