Rough Day on the Water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hummm???? Not buying it.
BTW it was divable at Sharks cove today, Ninja dive but diveable none the less.

I'm with ya WC... 23y/o with a heart attack just doesn't sound right.

Aloha
Looked like they were out trying to salvage the jet ski barge off Turtle Canyon Today.
It was my day off, and it looked pretty rough out. The only dive ops I could see out there today were the ones off Hawaii Kai.
I am sure that all of us feel horrible about the diver that died off shore. So young, at 23. Was he diving off some private boat?
Aloha Turtleguy9

You get days off??????????

Wildcard:
BTW it was divable at Sharks cove today, Ninja dive but diveable none the less.
i saw the "1-3 foot" surf forecast for the north too.. and thought about it for a few minutes..

So young, at 23. Was he diving off some private boat?

I heard he was working on a mooring..I have no idea if that is true.

It would make sense if there was no buddy...

The Coast Guard said the man suffered a heart attack

good point, how would the Coast Guard know this anyway? Seems they give out some information...

Well it seems the guy was free diving, not scuba diving.

From what I've been told he went for the mooring to tie off the Makani, did so and then vanished from view. They called for help, for divers, to go look for him - things were a bit crazy because it was about the same time that KBOS's jet ski boat sunk. When they found him he was dead...

Imagine that, the press gets it wrong again....Do you think there reporting on the war is any more accurate?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom