Royal Carribean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might just try the turtle farm! Always heard good things about their shore dives. Any idea of the cost? We will need to rent most of our equipment this trip.

Mark

We brought our own gear - but tanks were $12 ea and weights/belt were $3.75. BCDs and Regs, I think are $12 ea.

Check their website for pricing:

http://www.divetech.com/index.htm

No charge for using the site -

Access is easy - down a ladder and into a nice little cove, where you can do weight check - then swim out (above or below the water) - there is a channel and a series of buoys to use for navigation. There are some fish right outside the cove and some all along the channel. We went down to the bottom of the wall and then turned and came back along the top ridge - no current to speak of. It was a great couple of dives.

We were on the Granduer of the Seas and dove all three ports.

Slight clarification, the Divetech site is called Turtle Reef not Turtle Farm. Cracked Conch is above the diveshop. The Turtle Farm - I think it's part of the Boatswains Beach complex now - is slightly southwest of there. So if you're taking a cab up there, you may want to get dropped at the right place as it's too far to walk.(at least with gear) Both are shown on the map on the Divetech site.

You can get rental prices from the Divetech website since it's their satellite facility. They also rent scooters there - Apollo's - if you're interested. Click on the shorediving link, the white roofed building is the Cracked Conch/Divetech shop. Just north of it you can see the small cove that leads out to the mini-wall. The edge of the green area is the mini-wall and the lighter blue area is the sand channel just past it. Farther out past that is the North wall dropoff. I'm not sure if that's it in the black area of the photo or not - could be, it looks like that from the air.

You might want to leave a little extra time to get back to the boat from there. It's about 8 miles north of Georgetown and sometimes there's light traffic around the Hyatt. And Georgetown itself will be overrun with cruisers.

I dove Eden Beach two years ago. I was very underimpressed. It's showing it's age. There was a lot of manmade junk on the bottom near the cruise ships. Having the jetskis nearby didn't help either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom