Rumor: Scubapro Mk17 to be discontinued soon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, good to hear that. Is there any reason other than the hose routing to choose the 19? Any noticeable difference in performance between these two?

tks!

I haven’t noticed any difference. As you made the point only difference is turret, it is more comfortable while using sidemount. Also better hose routing while back mounted doubles as well.

I haven’t noticed any difference. As you made the point only difference is turret, it is more comfortable while using sidemount. Also better hose routing while back mounted doubles as well.
Perfect, tks!!

I have one and kind of doubt that I won't be able to find a service kit for it in 10 years.

Scubapro has also been denying for the past year and a half that their galileo sol battery is not being produced anymore. I guess they know better than Varta. (The Sanjo had been out of production for a while now).

It felt so shady to me, that I asked my battery supplier and then got the official confirmation from Varta that the battery had been out of production for almost two years now.
I just tried replacing the CR12600SE battery with 2 alkaline N cells (aka LR1) and they work! Physically, they're almost a perfect fit with the 2 stacked cells being only 0.4mm longer and the same diameter. The computer's battery level indicator shows full and I'll try diving with it in a few days. My old Cochran Captain computer used N cells.

I just tried replacing the CR12600SE battery with 2 alkaline N cells (aka LR1) and they work! Physically, they're almost a perfect fit with the 2 stacked cells being only 0.4mm longer and the same diameter. The computer's battery level indicator shows full and I'll try diving with it in a few days. My old Cochran Captain computer used N cells.
Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for this idea to replace with N batteries! The ones I have say they're 1000mah, so they likely won't last as long as the CR12600SE (1500mah) but they're cheap and easy to find. I'll be diving mine next week, but they showed full bars even after some time in the refrigerator to simulate local diving.

@LKJ and @webcubus,
Please provide a status report on the Galileo with N-cell batteries once you have a few dives with them. Inquiring minds want to know.

@LKJ and @webcubus,
Please provide a status report on the Galileo with N-cell batteries once you have a few dives with them. Inquiring minds want to know.
Our weather has been absolutely awful, but I did finally manage a single 40 minute dive in 42F water and it worked perfectly and still showed full bars. I'll report back once I've done a few more dives.

Back
Top Bottom