Rumor: Scubapro Mk17 to be discontinued soon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWombat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I keep seeing comments on Scubaboard about the Mk17 being discontinued soon. We're talking about the Evo version, right? Seems strange it would be discontinued, but what do I know.

Can anyone shed light on this rumor?

With the 19 in global distribution, they likely are streamlining production, so bye-bye to the 17...

FWIW, you got what you asked for.... Folks were constantly requesting the 19. With that, there are consequences.

I think I have enough kits to finish my diving days with my 17's....

I have communicated with SP directly about a week ago and they had no idea where this rumor came from and denied it.
Well, they may deny it, but after some conversation with my Local DIve Center, they won’t be selling any combos with them anymore IIRC

Will the Mk11 be far behind?
I would assume not, they need a more "Budget" reg that isn't the Mk2 because they want people who were going to buy the 17 to hop up to the 19. with the mk11, people would go to the mk2, not the 19. not a good business model IMHO

It's hard to believe the rumor. Each current reg seems to fulfill a niche. I don't see overlap.

I may have to buy one though. I always kick myself when I don't buy something and then it's discontinued. e.g. Worthington cylinders, Luxfer cylinders, Deep6 18 lb wing, Deep Sea Supply backplate, Husky folding table.

It's hard to believe the rumor. Each current reg seems to fulfill a niche. I don't see overlap.

I may have to buy one though. I always kick myself when I don't buy something and then it's discontinued. e.g. Worthington cylinders, Luxfer cylinders, Deep6 18 lb wing, Deep Sea Supply backplate, Husky folding table.
i mean if its exactly what you want, get it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom