Rumor: Scubapro Mk17 to be discontinued soon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exploring options re: pony bottle regs. Went to LDS (big ScubaPro focused dealer) today to take a look at the MK11 and MK17 (H-50D same-same) to compare to Apeks and DiveRite and Deep 6 and Hog.

No joy on the MK 17. Said simply they did not have them and don't sell them. But all other models good to go. I also note on the ScubaPro web site, clicking "Show All" regulators, there is no mention of the MK17.

MK2, MK11, MK19 evo, MK25 evo all present & accounted for. No MK17

Seems Halcyon H-50D still good though.

OMMOHY

Wow ... I no longer see the Mk17 on the Scubapro US website today. I'm pretty sure it was there 24 hours ago!

Edit: I missed OMyMyOHellYes's post about the same thing.

It is still listed in the European SP website.
maybe they just have stock. once the DIN sells out, they may remove it. want to sell the rest of their stock :wink:

But exact there at the European Headquarter I got the information that the MK17 would be cancelled and the sales people were not happy about it.....

And precisely from the European HQ I got the reply days ago that they know nothing about the demise of the MK17.

I am not disputing that the MK17 is going to be EoS soon but this is the information I got from SP in Europe.

Went to shop on other side of town. They had MK17, MK11 and H50-D. Seems that H50-D is NOT a direct clone of the MK17. Casting - while larger, appears more like the MK11. Had trouble deciding - they had two MK17s DIN - in stock. Ended up walking out the door with the H50-D, though. Hose routing on MK11 and H50-D does more what I wanted than the MK17.

OMMOHY

Went to shop on other side of town. They had MK17, MK11 and H50-D. Seems that H50-D is NOT a direct clone of the MK17. Casting - while larger, appears more like the MK11.

I'm told the H50-D is identical to the older Mk17, but the Mk17 EVO is different. I have not verified this myself though.

Back
Top Bottom