?'s on first dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"If you live in CT and don't don a coat or sweater until the temp plummets to 60 degrees or lower (Brrrrrrrrrrrrr) you should be fine in a full 3 mil. "

Coats at 60 degrees?!? I'm still wearing shorts at that temp!

But seriously... Thanks for all the great advice! The count-down is on, 4 days 'till take off. Of course we had to make a last minute trip to the dive shop on Saturday. Y'all know what that means - more $$$. Just couldn't help ourselves - they were having a SALE!

I'm still looking on advice for a quick dive opportunity near San Juan, PR. We only have Saturday morning and early afternoon before we board for our cruise, so I don't think we can make it to Vieques or Culebra, which seem to be good sites, from what I've heard.

Any help out there on this one?

Hi Scuba Sass,

Just wanted to throw in my two cents worth that you are going to fall in love with warm water diving. I too learned to dive here in the North East (NJ). It is okay, but I sure do love leaving the 7mm wetsuit, hood and gloves at home and only packing my 3 mm wetsuit and wearing a lot less lead!

Also, congrats on your 20th coming up (you have been dating this person since you were 17 I see - good for you)!

Enjoy...

Happydiver :mean:

Wow, the water was fantastic, and we never even wore the 3ml wet suits, just the skins!

I'll post a trip report elsewhere when I have time, since I just returned to 114 emails at work today. Ouch - my typing fingers will be plum wore out!

And yes, you're good at math - we fell in love early!

Hi Scuba Sass,

That's terrific that you and xxxx had a great time! Wow, in skins no less - must have been pretty warm.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip after you not only get through reading your 114 emails, but also replying to them - ouch! I can relate, that't the only thing about going on the big V is that your work just piles up while you're away. Oh well, the price we pay to dive, right??!!

Happydiver:wink:

We (Lydia and I - hadn't realized she was still nameless!) lugged the 3ml suits with us on the dive boat each day, but always opted against them. The skins were just enough to prevent sunburn.
The water ranged from 78 - 82 F. Pretty balmy for us New Englanders! I was fine all week, but Lydia was a little shivery on one of our rides home. It had rained quite a bit on the way out, and her sweatshirt was soaked. The silly woman wouldn't wear the nice Chamyz hooded jacket I had brought, but wasn't using!
Yes, I promise a trip report soon. It's taken me 2 days to weed through the work e-mails!

Great - I now know your partners name!

Hopefully some of those emails were "fun" and not all work related!

PS) I looked at your profile - DOB 1964 - very fine year if I may say so!

Happydiver:p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom