Sacramento Lake Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There were thick blackberry vines near the water's edge and I couldn't be sure how deep the drop-off was by the rocks. I'll wait to dive with you.

Sounds like you went above the bridge on the bike trail/Cliff House side?

Right side, maybe down a bit for an entrance - but maybe going high and drifting down would be ok. I was thinking from the higher parking lot - rocks where you can suiot up and swim right over the base of the bridge.

I always go across rainbow bridge to the Folsom side and park in the parking lot at the pump house. Then walk through the gate, down the trail, and into the water. Then a small surface swim to the bridge.

Hey I have a boat, 16 foot Achilles, nothing beats driving to the boat ramp put the gear in the boat suit up and drive off, dive, surface and drive back to the dock. I havent done much diving there since i got my boat and would love to dive there more often. Its funny before i got my boat i used to walk the trail from the pump house and hated it, now i have the boat and barely dive it.

New to the area. Where is this river dive? Exactly. I live in Woodland and this sounds like it's in the Sacto area. Gotta get my tanks VIP'd @ Dolphin but after that I'm ready to dive.

New to the area. Where is this river dive? Exactly. I live in Woodland and this sounds like it's in the Sacto area. Gotta get my tanks VIP'd @ Dolphin but after that I'm ready to dive.

The place is lake Natoma in Folsom, CA. The best place to dive is directly under rainbow bridge, it's ~45 feet deep, with 10 ft. of viz on a good day. Best time to dive it is early morning. Around 10/11 am they increase the in/outflow and the current gets too strong to enjoy the dive.

I always go across rainbow bridge to the Folsom side and park in the parking lot at the pump house. Then walk through the gate, down the trail, and into the water. Then a small surface swim to the bridge.

Found your entry point. I walked straight toward the bridge from the parking area the first time.

Arrived today at 9:30. Water temp was 46 and visibility maybe two feet. I kept running into rocks before I could see them. Still, it was good to get in the water and check out the gear. I need to loosen the webbing on my BP to accommodate extra fleece. Also my wing was abraded during the move and is now a bit "porous" in spots.

Anyone tried using Aquaseal to fix pinholes in BP wings?

As much as it hurts, I'd replace it. You don't want a pin hole to become a big hole on a more aggressive dive. I don't know if the aquaseal would work, it may weaken the bladder. *shrug*

Is it a single layer bag or double layer bag?

In either case, the answer is yes, provided it's not a leaky seam. I fixed a
number of pinholes on my singe-layer Halcyon bag until it the seams gave
up at around 800 dives. And the double layer bags have a urethane inner
bag, the same stuff aquaseal is made of.

For seams, the jury is still out. Some time when we get a blown-out
weekend, I'm going to try fixing the Halcyon bag. I like it better than the
Oxycheq that replaced it (the Oxycheq is heavy and bulky, and I don't
like the power inflator layout).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom