Safe Sea: Jellies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reikopm

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody tried this product? 'Safe Sea, Sunblock with Jellyfish Sting Protective Lotion'
Does it work? If there is one little jelly in the sea, it will find me.

Any jelly reports from Cozumel?

Yes it works.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

It's worked well for me. However, your results may vary depending on actual diver habits and dive conditions . . . .

I use the SPF 15 version of Safe Sea.

I make sure I rub some on my ears (not IN my ears) as sudden stings on the ear are near the top of my list of annoying stuff.

I don't apply it on the skin my mask seal contacts as I've found I get a very leaky mask that way.

When getting stung by Jellys.... What happens? I had problems everytime I went in the water with breaking out in a red bumpy rash. It was pretty patchy. Mostly on my legs a little on my arms. . One time on my face. Most people were under the aggrement that it was my wetsuit and that I needed to wash it. They poured vinager on my legs and that took some of the sting away. But then we went snorkeling one day without the wetsuit and I got it even worse... in more places. Would last about 1 hour, then the effects would go away. It was always tolerable. (otherwise I wouldn't have kept going back for more) But a bit annoying.

Are there restrictions on the use of such lotions (i.e. chemical restrictions or country prohibitions)?

There seem to be a lot of small jellies when we go in the spring, April/May, Luckily they do not seem to affect my wife and me. We always take a product called BAND-AID ITCH RELIEF with us but usually give it all away to the people that need it. It works very well for them. One word of advice if you feel a sting do not touch it that will only make it worse.

YES, I will swear by the stuff. The one time I forgot to apply it in sea thimble season, I got red itchy welts all over my neck. Initially a paste of vinegar and baking soda applyed and left to dry worked well. From there Band-Aid Itch Spray took away the itch. The only other thing that felt good was scrubbing the area a HOT wash rag.

Apply it 10 minutes before getting in the water around every opening of your suit.

k8brandt:
YES, I will swear by the stuff. The one time I forgot to apply it in sea thimble season, I got red itchy welts all over my neck. Initially a paste of vinegar and baking soda applyed and left to dry worked well. From there Band-Aid Itch Spray took away the itch. The only other thing that felt good was scrubbing the area a HOT wash rag.

Apply it 10 minutes before getting in the water around every opening of your suit.

HI Kathy nice to see you on this board....see you in May

Ann

Hi All....

I don't know of a single product that gets as many compliments from our customers as does the Safe Sea product. We are now selling hundreds of bottles of this stuff each month. We get tons of emails and phone calls from people that just rave about how well it works. For those of you not familiar with this stuff, you can follow this link to our website to learn a little more about it.

Safe Sea Jellyfish Protective Lotion

I think it is cool when something actually does what it claims. It appear that Safe Sea is just such a product. Thanks

Phil Ellis
Dive Sports Online
www.divesports.com
(800) 601-DIVE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom