Sale Alert! 512MB CompactFlash at Amazon for $70, free shipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MildlyDamp:
If you want to review comprehensive (and I mean comprehensive!) test data on CompactFlash card write speeds, check out http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007.

Despite the major differences in write speed between brands, I don't think the typical user will really notice all that much of a difference. If you were writing 5 megapixel TIFFs you might see the difference, but for JPEGs, the files are usually small enough so that write speed doesn't make a huge difference.

I don't really care about write speeds. I want a brand that will last and a company that will stand behind it. That's my reason for the extra $$ for the Viking.

justleesa:
I got my Viking via Amazon last December and can highly recommend it. Mailed in the rebate and got my money back about 7-8 weeks later (they informed me via email that they received the paperwork).

I just got a 2nd 512 from Ridata (52x read/48write) and can't really say that it is any faster than the Viking.

As long as we are talking about sales. Last Sunday I went to Costco and got a 2100mAh Ni-MH panasonic battery set (6AA and 2AAA, with charger) for 12.95. The batteries lasted for 4 dives and I took about 130 pictures using the internal flash.

~justleesa

Are you sure it wasn't the $19.95 set? I went to Costco today after reading your post and they have what you describe for $20, which is what I had bought last month.

Aardal:
~justleesa

Are you sure it wasn't the $19.95 set? I went to Costco today after reading your post and they have what you describe for $20, which is what I had bought last month.
nope, I'm sure...I paid 12.95 plus tax. Maybe it was a local sale? I haven't gone back so I don't know if they are still going for that price.

Back
Top Bottom