Salvo Regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive4Life

Contributor
Reaction score
First off I have to say that Salvo has come a long way with their product line. When i was looking at the regs I noticed a resemblance to my Dive Right regs. If anyone has any experience with these regulators please speak up.

If these regs are decent performers then they are definitely worth the price and I am definitely considering buying a set.

Also, does anyone know their policy when it comes to selling parts to consumers?

Salvo is selling apeks parts now and has indicated they will sell parts for their own line but I havn't seen them yet. I'd be cautious with a rebranded reg from a smaller distributor until it is clear what service parts are compatible and what their availability is now and will be in the future.

Dive4life,

Check out this thread on Dive Rite regs, Salvo is mentioned as being very similar - check the sig line of double80s in post #7 on that thread for laughingblenny.com. I'm sure double80s can tell you about the Salvo line.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=126456

Dive4Life:
First off I have to say that Salvo has come a long way with their product line. When i was looking at the regs I noticed a resemblance to my Dive Right regs. If anyone has any experience with these regulators please speak up.

If these regs are decent performers then they are definitely worth the price and I am definitely considering buying a set.

Also, does anyone know their policy when it comes to selling parts to consumers?

The Salvo regulators are quite good. Yes they are made in Taiwan (and no not IST - IST does not make regs) by a very good fabricator that makes products for many companies including mine.

They are similar in 2nd stage to dive rite and the 1st stage is similar (butnot) to an APEKs ds4 -- i have dived these regs as test units (long before Salvo existed) and they also test out quite well on ANTSI machines. Are they as good as an APEKS ? no, but they are quite good just the same. I would not hesitate to use them.

Cheers

From what I have gathered the regulators are good performers and are definitely worth the price. Joel said something that I found very interesting, the first stages resemble an Apeks first more than it does a Dive Rite. Either way I am going to buy a set next month for sure. Thanks for all of your replies.

Dive4Life:
From what I have gathered the regulators are good performers and are definitely worth the price. Joel said something that I found very interesting, the first stages resemble an Apeks first more than it does a Dive Rite. Either way I am going to buy a set next month for sure. Thanks for all of your replies.

Which Salvo first stage? SR1? Both? I was under the impression that the SR2 was siimlar to dive-rite RG1208, but I'd like to know for sure.

JS1scuba:
The Salvo regulators are quite good. Yes they are made in Taiwan (and no not IST - IST does not make regs) by a very good fabricator that makes products for many companies including mine.

They are similar in 2nd stage to dive rite and the 1st stage is similar (butnot) to an APEKs ds4 -- i have dived these regs as test units (long before Salvo existed) and they also test out quite well on ANTSI machines. Are they as good as an APEKS ? no, but they are quite good just the same. I would not hesitate to use them.

Cheers

Thanks Joel for your accurate clarification. As you mentioned all these regs test well on ANTSI machines.

Back
Top Bottom