Sandusky/Port Clinton Diving Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Papaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey you NW Ohio divers out there. Any recommendations for diving out of Sandusky or Port Clinton? Any good wrecks in the area that aren't too deep? What about charter operators? Any recommendations?

Contact Steve Sheridan of Scuba Recovery in Port Clinton. He's a great guy. I did a charter with him last year. Here are the most current numbers I have for him.
(419) 798-DIVE (Lake)
(419) 422-3215 (Home)
(419) 427-6047 (Cell)

We went across to Pelee Passage to dive. It was a long boat ride, bad viz, but nice wrecks. The Willis is a great wreck. Close to PC and Sandusky, the wrecks are flattened and shallow.

Divin'Hoosier:
Hey you NW Ohio divers out there. Any recommendations for diving out of Sandusky or Port Clinton? Any good wrecks in the area that aren't too deep? What about charter operators? Any recommendations?

I will be in that area the first week of July. when were you thinking of going? I will bring the dive gear and we can hook up we will send the wifes off on the jetskis while we dive.

gtxl1200:
I will be in that area the first week of July. when were you thinking of going? I will bring the dive gear and we can hook up we will send the wifes off on the jetskis while we dive.

Thanks for the offer Ted. Unfortunately, my wife is working most of that week. We were looking into possibly visiting the area in the Aug/Sep timeframe.

I'm tentative planning on heading back up to Gilboa on 7/1-2 and still looking for a buddy or two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom