Save Bonaire's Donkeys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kharon, you need to be congradulated. Unless the true facts are at hand persons should refrain from trash posts. The following tells it like it is..
Did all of you enjoy your Christmas?
For those of you that do not know, we did not! our families were separated. Some of us have been injured due to the new regulations orchestrated and administered by the so called "donkey help." Becouse of the contract they signed with the government they are catching all of us, keeping the ladies and our young, cutting off our balls, putting tags in our ears, and turning us loose in a secluded part of the island that may not have water or good vegetation. That part is no matter, we will go back to our original homes. What matters is not finding our family and friends there. (because of the part of the regulations that allows the Donkey help to kill the the old or wounded, and keep our ladies captive).
Could not the thousands of dollars spent be used to install cameras on the roads to stop speeders? (Old systems can be had from Europe for free and the only cost would be instillation. Perhaps volunteers would be glad to install them for free. (This would also save human lives). Why can't the humans use the money to reinstall wells in the kunuku areas, that would serve a dual purpose; giving the kunuku owners much needed water and a place where we can drink. Then we would be happy to stay away from town and speeding cars, (that should be doing 40 to 60 kilometers anyway).
My name is "sweet thing". I am one of the animals they plan on eliminateingto. We were brought here over 400 years ago. We have endured many obstacles handed out by nature over the years, (drought famine etc), and survived. But we will not survive this human made tragedy unless Humans with a heart for animals intervene. Me and my friends are appealing to those of you that have roots on Bonaire some who's families were killed or taken to other islands. We are also appealing to the new residents that know the truth about this action, along with tourist and visitors. With your help and the availability of the large percentage of Bonaire that is not occupied, we could enjoy the next Christmas and live happily after, as some of our past relatives did at the birth of Christ,
A very troubled Sweet Thing, (Possibly a future victom of there plan to rid Bonaire of all donkeys)

This post illustrates just how disturbingly deranged you are. I actually have spent a fair amount of time on Bonaire in recent years, am quite cognisent of the donkeys and donkey problem. Also, I don't think I am a donkey. Get some help and get on some medication.

---------- Post added August 4th, 2014 at 09:12 AM ----------

Why not just let the locals hunt them. I'm sure they'd appreciate the meat.

PETA - people eating tasty animals.

dnky2.jpg
Hershel patrols Vista Blue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom