Save Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OneBrightGator:
Gosh Darn Mexicans!!! Why didn't you tell them to swim back across the Rio Grande, and take a **** college hooligan with them!!!

C'mon Ben, airline tickets to Mexico can't be that expensive. Quit trying to get by on the cheap all of the time!

Oh, and concerning OW divers and the cleanup, there were a LOT of OW divers participating, several relative newbies among them. Their efforts were much appreciated.

It pains me to hear that ANY divers took for granted the generosity of Ginnie Springs. Even though I was sick, I considered showing up to be shore support. Even though I was not feeling well enough to dive, I could have helped move garbage from canoes to shore. I didn't think any of you would want to thank me though, if you were to have caught my illness. As for any future cleanups, I would still love to organize them, including one during the megadive in April. I would be dropping a list of individuals well in advance for the cleanup, and if I were to find anyone "skipping out" on their responsibility after offering to help, well, let's just say, you'd have a very uncomfortable stay with the rest of the group if you had sullied our reputation there.
To Ginnie Springs for sponsoring/supporting this event, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
I know that my my first worst diving experience was after my last checkout dive. We exited the run into the river and all was nice. We dropped to the bottom of the river basin and the sudden sight of bottles and cans littering the bottom made me gag in my regulator. I want video footage in the worst way of the destruction of the river. Perhaps with enough posters, cleanups and community involvement, something might change.

If all else fails, we may hire the members of The River Otter Brigade to police the river. Swift, silent, deadly. (In bad Taco Bell Chihuahua voice) "Drop that bottle overboard and we KEEL you! We keel your family. We even keel your dog!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom