SB Diving in Tavernier...Hosted by Conch Republic Divers...Nov 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm open to any site that is underwater. That's pretty much my only prerequisite. We're up for anything... Especially, since we're back in Colorado now until the 12th, and we didn't get a lot of diving in during October because of some ***** named Wilma.

I'm signed up and ready! The destination doesn't matter to me much. The only time I have been to the Eagle, vis was pretty crappy. I did SG before it was uprighted as well.

See yall there!

I keep telling myself that I will be there but Wilma has left me with a herniated disk.
Besides traction, under the doc's orders there is absolutely NO lifting. I am confined to a desk when necessary, and bed when not.

Bummer.

BIGSAGE136:
I keep telling myself that I will be there but Wilma has left me with a herniated disk.
Besides traction, under the doc's orders there is absolutely NO lifting. I am confined to a desk when necessary, and bed when not.

Bummer.

Gosh, I guess I shouldn't feel so bad. Had two stents installed yesterday and the doc has already cleared me to dive, just have to wait two weeks for the incisions to heal. (and yes, he is also a diver AND instructor) :D

I maybe should try and make this dive, but can't commit until afterI get back to work on Monday (been off for two weeks jetting back and forth from left coast to right coast and back)

Jeff

Of the people that have called the shop and booked it seems like the Eagle is winning for the dive location.

So how does the Eagle and then Fishbowl sound to everyone? The Eagle is marking it's 20th annniversary of her sinking in December. If none of you have dove her she is a 287' freighter that lays in 110' water off Islamorada. Resting on her starboard side she was broke in half in 1998 by hurricane George. Home to several large Jew Fish and covered with sea life, it remains high on my list of favorite wrecks.

If you haven't called yet please do so soon, so I can get an idea of how much food I need to get. Looking forward seeing everyone and looks like we're going to have a great time.

Sage / Jeff....Hope you two get to feeling better soon and are back to getting wet and blowin bubbles.

Good Diving,
Capt Gary

A note to everyone going on this trip.....
This is race weekend at Homestead Motor Speedway for the NASCAR race. Leave youreself plenty of extra time to get down and be prepared for heavy traffic coming out.
Fortunately Saturday is the less attended race but will still be very busy.

Sage - sorry to hear about your back! I can emphasize as I have a herniated disk also but I'm diving anyway! Actually feels better when I'm in the water.

Jeff - Hubby had stents put in three years ago and he was cleared for diving after two weeks also. Hasn't had any effect - in fact he was healthier after. (I say was because he is smoking again and put back on weight - so you just take care of yourself!!)

Cool I've talked Padipro into joining the fray, so I'll call this week.
Gary, are you ok with him carrying doubles? Also, any recommendations on what accomodations may be left available these days......cheapish, if that exists the weekend before Thanksgiving?

Thanks for putting this together...can't WAIT to get wet again!

KBeck:
Cool I've talked Padipro into joining the fray, so I'll call this week.
Gary, are you ok with him carrying doubles? Also, any recommendations on what accomodations may be left available these days......cheapish, if that exists the weekend before Thanksgiving?

Thanks for putting this together...can't WAIT to get wet again!

I called a few hotels, and many were booked for that Saturday.

I think we're just going to go back to Ft Lauderdale after.

Doubles are no problem. We can check around to see what's available hotel wise. Give Bren a call, she's up on all the hotels. See you guys next weekend.

Capt Gary

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom