SB Diving in Tavernier...Hosted by Conch Republic Divers...Nov 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So..............what's the current verdict on sea conditions, Gary? :) Please tell us it's going to be divable..........

TODAY...NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 4 TO 6 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF AROUND 2 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS CHOPPY. ISOLATED SHOWERS. .TONIGHT...NORTHEAST WINDS NEAR 15 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 3 TO 5 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF AROUND 2 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS. .SATURDAY...NORTHEAST TO EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 2 TO 4 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF 1 TO 2 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS A LIGHT TO MODERATE CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS. .SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY...EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 2 TO 4 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF 1 TO 2 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS A LIGHT TO MODERATE CHOP.

KBECK... I read this on Wunderground.com

Saturday
Northeast to east winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas beyond the reef 2 to 4 feet...except higher in the Gulf Stream. Seas inside the reef 1 to 2 feet. Nearshore waters a light to moderate chop. Scattered showers.
Saturday Night And Sunday
East winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas beyond the reef 2 to 4 feet...except higher in the Gulf Stream. Seas inside the reef 1 to 2 feet. Nearshore waters a light to moderate chop. Scattered showers.

I guess it's about the same forecast, but 2-4' seas are within reason. I personally don't enjoy the 6-8 foot seas. 2-4 That doesn't sound SO bad... We'll see you tomorrow! (hopefully)

Weather should be OK. East 10 to 15 is not bad, it's when it gets over 20 that the seas get sloppy/choppy.

Today's weather was nice. Winds out of the NNE at 10, Seas 1 foot chop and vis 40 feet.

Should be great for diving tomorrow.

Good Diving,

We'll just rename the boat "Hurl VII" for this trip. :11:

Don't forget your Dramine.

Everyone..Below are the latest reports on weather conditions for this weekend from NOAA. I'm thinking we're going to be able to get our dives in Saturday and Sunday morning, for those of you staying over for the Spiegel dive. It appears Tropical Storm Gamma will start to affect the Keys late Sunday night. If this changes I'll let everyone know, but as it stands now we may see 2 to 4 seas, which are not an unsafe condition to dive.

TONIGHT
NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE
REEF 4 TO 6 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE THE
REEF AROUND 2 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS CHOPPY. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

SATURDAY
NORTHEAST TO EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS BEYOND THE
REEF 2 TO 4 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS INSIDE THE
REEF 1 TO 2 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS A LIGHT TO MODERATE CHOP.
SCATTERED SHOWERS.

SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY
MAINLY EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS
BEYOND THE REEF 2 TO 4 FEET...EXCEPT HIGHER IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS
INSIDE THE REEF 1 TO 2 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS A LIGHT TO MODERATE
CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

SUNDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS NEAR 15 KNOTS...INCREASING TO 25 TO
35 KNOTS LATE. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 3 TO 5 FEET...BUILDING TO 8 TO
12 FEET LATE. SEAS INSIDE THE REEF 1 TO 2 FEET...BUILDING TO 3 TO 4
FEET LATE. NEARSHORE WATERS BECOMING VERY ROUGH. NUMEROUS SHOWERS
AND SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS.

MONDAY
SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST WINDS 35 TO 50 KNOTS...SHIFTING TO WEST
AND NORTHWEST LATE. SEAS BEYOND THE REEF 12 TO 18 FEET. SEAS INSIDE
THE REEF 3 TO 5 FEET. NEARSHORE WATERS EXTREMELY ROUGH. NUMEROUS
SHOWERS AND SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS.

Good Diving,

Padipro:
We'll just rename the boat "Hurl VII" for this trip. :11:

Don't forget your Dramine.

Why? Is Andy coming? :D (love ya', baby....)

Thanks for the report, Gary- I was starting to get a little worried there. Have we not had enough????

No, but I'll be there. :l:

I'll leave the full reports up to the "awesome report writers" but for me it was a great day of diving, making new friends and spending time with old - but not seen enough - friends! AND muching on the BEST chicken wings I have ever had - Capt. Gary and Brenda rock! Thanks for inviting us down. Look forward to diving with you again soon!

I'm a big fan of the Eagle so always enjoy diving there. The life on it was far less than I have seen in the past for whatever reason but still a great dive. Billy's reef was good as well but again, seemed like the storms may have done some damage to the larger corals and the fish colonies.

Congratulations to our newest Nitrox diver - aabond (Andrew)! Who was also a very gracious host for the night.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom