Sbers-July 2006-Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BurBunny:
Late to the party here, but will be with Alcina July 15-22, staying at Casa Mexicana and diving with Blue XT Sea (and one dive with Deep Exposure for some research for clients and to demo some equipment).

Please post about your Deep Exposure experience when you get back. I'd be interested to hear how they are to dive with. I have not dived with them and don't know anyone who has. I know they are a new operation and made the rounds with a booth at all the major dive shows this year. On two days of my last trip we passed them as they were anchored in the Marine Park (relatively close to shore between beach clubs) for their SI. I sure hope they have stopped that practice. It didn't leave a good impression.

scubawife:
Please post about your Deep Exposure experience when you get back. I'd be interested to hear how they are to dive with. I have not dived with them and don't know anyone who has. I know they are a new operation and made the rounds with a booth at all the major dive shows this year. On two days of my last trip we passed them as they were anchored in the Marine Park (relatively close to shore between beach clubs) for their SI. I sure hope they have stopped that practice. It didn't leave a good impression.

Be happy to! They seem to be aiming more to the tech crowd (offering staged deco and custom mix diving), but wanted to check them out. They're trying hard to impress me, so we'll see how it goes. Will be my last dive of the week, so after Christi, they'll have a hard act to follow.

Adding myself and my wife... we will be in Cozumel July 14-19th

cowboyneal: June 23- July 2; Hotel Cozumel, Dive Paradise
okiejeff: June 29-July 7, Fiesta Americana
Brules: July 1-8, El Coz, Papa Hogs
Gryz: July 1-8, diving in Coz, staying in PDC
scubabum2: July 1-5, Casa del Mar, Aldora
windycitydiver: July 1-8, Caribe Blu, Blue Angel
zzzScuba: July 1-11, Reef Club, Sand Dollar
WadeGuthrie: July 2-7, Casa Mexicana, Blue XT Sea
parrotheaddiver: July 3-7, Hotel Coz, Blue XT Sea
Foo July 3-7 Casa Del Mar/Dive with Martin
Scott101: July 8th -15th, Reef Club, Scuba w/Allison
Diverg: July 8-15, Alicia B&B, Blue XT Sea
CrazyDuck: July 10th-15th; Occidental Allegro, Blue XT
hank harris: July 10-20, Caribe Blu, Living Underwater
94GTStang: July 13th-18th, Fiesta Americana, Bottom Time Divers
cyclical: July 14-19, Fiesta Americana, Bottom Time Divers
divekim: July 14-21, Scuba Club;
maigirl99: July 14-21, Allegro, Dive w/ Martin
alcina: July 15-22, Casa Mexicana, Blue XT~Sea and Deep Exposure
BurBunny: July 15-22, Casa Mexicana, Blue XT~Sea and Deep Exposure
rbolander: July 15-29, Allegro;
subvet644: July 16-23, El Cantil, Liquid Blue
Vic McAlister: July 17-23, Hotel Coz, Papa Hogs
Moodiejeff: July 17-29 El Cantil, Blue XT Sea
Hemlon: July 20-24, Coral Princess
tstonedvr: July 22-29, Iberostar
gold42: July 29- Aug 5

July 28 only- Staying on cruise ship, rhapsody of the seas. Think I'm diving with Papa Hogs but they have't confirmed yet

cowboyneal: June 23- July 2; Hotel Cozumel, Dive Paradise
okiejeff: June 29-July 7, Fiesta Americana
Brules: July 1-8, El Coz, Papa Hogs
Gryz: July 1-8, diving in Coz, staying in PDC
scubabum2: July 1-5, Casa del Mar, Aldora
windycitydiver: July 1-8, Caribe Blu, Blue Angel
zzzScuba: July 1-11, Reef Club, Sand Dollar
WadeGuthrie: July 2-7, Casa Mexicana, Blue XT Sea
parrotheaddiver: July 3-7, Hotel Coz, Blue XT Sea
Foo July 3-7 Casa Del Mar/Dive with Martin
Scott101: July 8th -15th, Reef Club, Scuba w/Allison
Diverg: July 8-15, Alicia B&B, Blue XT Sea
CrazyDuck: July 10th-15th; Occidental Allegro, Blue XT
hank harris: July 10-20, Caribe Blu, Living Underwater
94GTStang: July 13th-18th, Fiesta Americana, Bottom Time Divers
cyclical: July 14-19, Fiesta Americana, Bottom Time Divers
divekim: July 14-21, Scuba Club;
maigirl99: July 14-21, Allegro, Dive w/ Martin
alcina: July 15-22, Casa Mexicana, Blue XT~Sea and Deep Exposure
BurBunny: July 15-22, Casa Mexicana, Blue XT~Sea and Deep Exposure
Diversion: July 15-22, Blue XT~Sea
rbolander: July 15-29, Allegro;
subvet644: July 16-23, El Cantil, Liquid Blue
Vic McAlister: July 17-23, Hotel Coz, Papa Hogs
Moodiejeff: July 17-29 El Cantil, Blue XT Sea
Hemlon: July 20-24, Coral Princess
tstonedvr: July 22-29, Iberostar
gold42: July 29- Aug 5

I just wanted to say what a major hoot it was to meet y'all in Coz. This, once again, confirms my belief that the best thing about diving is the divers, themselves. Everyone was just so warm and fun!

A special thanks goes to Tony for opening-up his restaurant to us.

Thanks, everyone, for a wonderful time!

WadeGuthrie:
I just wanted to say what a major hoot it was to meet y'all in Coz. This, once again, confirms my belief that the best thing about diving is the divers, themselves. Everyone was just so warm and fun!

A special thanks goes to Tony for opening-up his restaurant to us.

Thanks, everyone, for a wonderful time!

Wade it was great meeting and diving with you and Karen....how was Holbox??did you see the whale sharks??....looking forward to your pictures

Ann

Right back at ya, Ann (and your beau, Don)!

Holbox was pretty neat! I guess there are over 100 whale sharks in the area this time of year (July / August); we saw maybe a dozen in our two days and swam with 5 or 6. The vis is pretty cruddy (I think it's the plankton that's both drawing the sharks and honking up the vis) so that you had to get within about 3 feet to see them. Several times, I'd be swimming (as fast as I could) over the pec fin and couldn't see either the nose or the tail. I guess they couldn't see us that well, either, 'cause I got bumped by one before I could get out of the way. What an incredible experience.

Holbox island, itself, was interesting. It's a bit rustic for my taste but there were some pretty good restaurants. We feasted on lobster pizza and Argentinian steak -- yum!

Interesting turn of events. We just found out that we're pregnant! Although we are extremely excited, the timing sucks, especially right before we're about to leave for what was going to be 5 days of diving. Oh well. My husband will be buddyless and I will have to stick with snorkeling. Should be fun anyway. Just thought I'd share.

Back
Top Bottom