Scallop Diving in Nova Scotia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,
I'm looking to see if there is any one interested in meeting up for scallop dives in the province, HRM preferred. I only know the one spot, it's 100' deep and requires boat access. I'm looking for more locations. I have a valid scallop license and can work with your schedule. Ready to dive anytime. Thanks for reading.

There are a few spots near us on the Eastern Shore--very shallow and you may get 10-15 on a good day. Probably not worth the hour's drive up there. I haven't seen many at the various shore spots in St. Margarets. If you hear of any let me know. Being a shell collector, it would be of interest. I also wouldn't mind doing some of the deep shore dives (other than Birchy Head, which I've done a few times). Don't like solo diving much below 30'.

Yeah those sound like the amounts I've seen in shallow depths as well. The 100' site is loaded with them. I'll get a hundred in about 20 minutes bottom time. I don't dive it alone either, but I have buddies to do it with, just no boat. You are more then welcome to come on any dive though.

---------- Post added March 10th, 2014 at 03:50 PM ----------

There was a guy on here that volunteered being a guide for scallop dives around HRM. NSMEDIC was his name. I messaged him half a year ago...not looking good ! :D

Yeah those sound like the amounts I've seen in shallow depths as well. The 100' site is loaded with them. I'll get a hundred in about 20 minutes bottom time. I don't dive it alone either, but I have buddies to do it with, just no boat. You are more then welcome to come on any dive though.

---------- Post added March 10th, 2014 at 03:50 PM ----------

There was a guy on here that volunteered being a guide for scallop dives around HRM. NSMEDIC was his name. I messaged him half a year ago...not looking good ! :D

Thanks. If you have access to a boat let me know. The scallops I get would be yours to keep, as I would be looking for New England Neptunes, etc. for my shell collection. Anyway, PM me if you have something going. I am in NS ready to dive in May, then late June-mid August am away, but after that am back in NS.

Hi everyone,
I'm looking to see if there is any one interested in meeting up for scallop dives in the province, HRM preferred. I only know the one spot, it's 100' deep and requires boat access. I'm looking for more locations. I have a valid scallop license and can work with your schedule. Ready to dive anytime. Thanks for reading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom