Scare tactics advertising

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know the story behind that particular Decedent in the Video; I've heard that the bottom incline beneath the arch at around 400' to 500' deep still has a few bodies of unfortunate misadventurers strewn about (unrecoverable due to economic, logistical and safety reasons). . .

Gary D.:
Now who wants to be a PSD?

That should have never been posted on this forum at least without a warning.

Gary D.

EDIT:
This response was intended for Miketsp's post not Trucker Girls post. Her's just got posted before mine. It seems that I have upset some people with it because they are thinking I was refering to her. NO, I was refering to the pic that was posted.

Gary D.

Normally when I post something similar I give a bit more warning, like when I posted an autopsy procedure the heading made it clear it was not for the squeamish.

In this case the title clearly talked about scare tactics and anyone that looks at the thumbnail can see it's a body but you can't see much detail.
So I reckoned that anyone that was going to click the thumbnail was doing so in the expectation of seeing more details and knew what they were doing.

However I accept your comment and if any friendly MOD wants to add the word GRISLY to the title I have no objection. I can't report my own post - there's no button, but if you want to refer a MOD to this post feel free to do so.

OTOH the other posters' reactions gave me the impression that not too many people were offended.

Looks like he's been there a while. Doesn't that make him an artificial reef?

it's a good reminder to all divers, that this is a sport that requires more thought, because there is RISK no matter where you dive, etc... Thanks for the reminder, I did not find the picture upsetting in any fashion, just reminds me that hey, remember that diving is not safe.

Again, thanks for the reminder !

SNorman:
Wow, my first reaction was "haha!" but then after a few seconds I'm thinking "wow, that's creepy!". I hope I don't end up like that.

Me too!

Back
Top Bottom