Scare tactics advertising

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Photo op? Maybe not. Photography is an asset for accident investigation. Some car insurance companies send a free disposable camera for taking a picture of an accident. About a dozen years ago when my neighbor's house burned down, it would have helped everyone if we had taken a few pictures.

Scare tactics advertising

It certainly is a different marketing tactic than the fun and easy approach employed here in the U.S. Different approaches used to address the likely mutual public perception in both countries that diving is dangerous. Is there a large number of uncertified divers in Brazil? This is not the best tactic to attract people to dive training courses, although it may work to some extent to attract non-certified practicing divers. The question is: What keeps them away? Cost? On the other hand, the easy and fun tactic attracts too many who quickly drop out.

These are probably extremes of marketing tactics. One keeps too many away, including many who could safely practice it and enjoy it, the other, attracts too many, including many who can't safely practice it and enjoy. A large drop out rate probably makes the last one feasible.

I'm heading to Brazil. Not gonna take any more chances.

It could be just me, but i'm willing to bet this wasn't a scare tactic. It was probably an attempt at humor, however poorly people may or may not find it.

I think it is smart i can't read what they are saying but I know that what they are saying is "Hey don't dive it can be dangerous. . ."

of course the rest of the world isn't as sensitive as us bloody americans are. . .

I thought about it alot and I mean its just like driving when you see the bad pictures of the car accidents you don stop driving so why stop diving? Just be careful and youll be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom