Scooter (DPV) questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdog:
Yes, on the third warm-water dive of the day I resort to shifting the crotch strap around, too.

As food for thought, here's what my wife has for her X. It is simple water pipe insulation from Lowe's, the kind with the self-adhesive. From what she says it works very well.

scooterpaddedstrap2.jpg

Enjoy your X - it will change the way you dive forever!

All the best, James

Hey James and Tobin,

Thanks! I look forward to being an X man. Thanks for the padding pic. I am all for ideas that lessen pain. I can certainly give it a go!

Mr. X - Soon to be X-Driver

Is that a compass I see on the prop guard? Any problems with getting a good reading when the scooter is running? I would have thought the magnetic field from the motor would play hobb with the compass needle.

Mike

mikerault:
Is that a compass I see on the prop guard? Any problems with getting a good reading when the scooter is running? I would have thought the magnetic field from the motor would play hobb with the compass needle.

Mike

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but the "compass on the handle" approach on the X scooter works fine. Magnetic field strenght fall as a function of the square of the distance, and the handle of the X is a good distance from the motor.

Tobin

My Tekna has a Tekna supplied console with a depth guage and a compass. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom