Scopace discontinued - WTF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was a pharmacy in Australia. The UK ones won't ship overseas (at least the couple we tried, didn't).

if anybody is looking for scopace tablets- it is not made anymore however Steven's Pharmacy Costa Mesa ,Ca tel 800-352-3784 can compound the scopoloamine 0.4mg into a capsule form as long as you have a prescription from your physician.

And I'm guessing at ~10 times the cost that Code Monkey paid.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Thanks Code Monkey. Did the AU epharmacy require a prescription and approx. what did shipping cost if you recall?

And I'm guessing at ~10 times the cost that Code Monkey paid.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Maybe not. According to posts over on The Hull Truth you can get compounded pills for a little over a $1 per pill. When you add in shipping costs, the Kwells from Australia can get close to that price.

I wanted to chime in on compounding. I just discovered that Scopace was discontinued 2 days before I leave for vacation. Too late to order from Australia. I called the local compounding pharmacy and they are able to compound scopolamine into capsules. It will be about $38 for 30 pills. Pricey, but I think it is worth it. I have had good luck with this drug in the past and even if it is partly a placebo effect, I don't trust the OTC meds to do the job.

BR:
I called the local compounding pharmacy and they are able to compound scopolamine into capsules. It will be about $38 for 30 pills.

Thanks, BR.

So, we're looking at ~$1.27 per pill when compounded locally in Gainsville, FL.

Before it went off the market, Scopace 0.4 mg tabs could be found for ~US$0.35 per pill.

Not great, but not as bad as I initially predicted.

Regards,

DocVikingo

And actually, I think the price would go down if you ordered more. There is an initial compounding fee that makes it high to start with, but not much effort to add more quantity.

Also, just a reminder to anyone who needs it, don't wait until the last minutes. It seems some compounding pharmacies have to order it, so it can take a couple days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom